Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant
Pay £75 – £85 per day via PAYE
Do you study Sociology, Psychology, or Criminology?
Sociology, Psychology and Criminology graduate Teaching Assistants (TA) are wanted for a specialist primary/secondary school in the borough of Croydon. This role is a great opportunity for graduates looking for a role where they can utilise their degree while training alongside specialists in the field of special educational needs.
The school provides educational support to pupils at who have PMLD needs, some being ASD. The students are primary aged ranging from 4-11 years.
These sought-after graduates are applying for teaching assistant roles is for an academic year with regular specialist training and a potential permanent placement dependant on positive feedback and permanent roles available.
Requirements for Teaching Assistant:
- Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Neurology and Education Studies degree or Masters graduates (UK or UK Naric)
- Live in the borough of Wimbledon or be able to travel to schools in the borough
- Experience working with children or young people with challenging behaviours, social, emotional, and learning difficulties
- Full-time/part time availability- minimum of three days per week
- Confidence supporting in Maths, English and humanities
About Smart Teachers Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Smart Teachers do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply to the Teaching Assistant roleIf you feel like you have the necessary skills and want to help support some of the most inspiring young people in education, then call Fatima on or email