Based: South West, UK
Salary: £55,000 to £60,000
Benefits: Pension, bonus
Our client is a well-established, progressive, and growing Engineering and Manufacturing business delivering valuable services in partnership with some of the World’s largest, most well-known automotive brands. They’re a leader in their field, viewed as trusted advisors and solutions experts by their customers. Their services are also at the forefront of "The circular Economy" within the sector.
The nature of the work that they perform is varied and constantly evolving, in line with the market in which their customers operate, meaning they’re agile and adaptable, continually taking on new and ever larger projects and regularly introducing new products into manufacture. The projects can range from bespoke, relatively low volume to the implementation of completely new, high volume and efficient manufacturing lines.
The company are an SME - meaning that your role will be varied, from complete ownership of the day to day running of the operations to welcoming customers on site, to managing and solving supply or engineering problems that present themselves. You will be responsible for leading, running and developing a highly efficient manufacturing operation and for maximising opportunity that presents itself. As a business, they’re ambitious - you will support this, whether it be the integration of planned acquisition or introducing new products into production.
This is a key, Senior Management, position working closely with and wider management team in developing and implementing the operational strategy within the manufacturing assembly & logistics environment - the operation is often complex, much of it manual, meaning it would help if you were to have an engineering background or qualification.
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious candidate with managerial experience looking for their first step into senior management - you’ll be responsible for Operations in its entirety, taking full ownership for the achievements and objectives of the business -
- Leading and training the team to deliver compliance, quality & cost standards in line with company strategy
- Margin performance (and On Time Delivery)
- Increasing the flexibility of the workforce via recruitment & multi-skilling (training) the workforce
You will actively seek ways to both directly implement manufacturing technical solutions, improve customer service, and put the customer at the centre of decision making.
Principal Accountabilities & Key Duties:
- Work closely with your production supervision team to develop and implement manufacturing and employee development plans to deliver the company strategy.
- Influence the key employees within the respective areas of the purchasing & planning, IT, Engineering and Quality, to meet the teams’ objectives.
- Ensure capacity is accurately planned and the necessary resources are available to meet the plan.
- Generate margin growth through application of lean techniques and increased component manufactured processes / procedures.
The role is truly autonomous - you should be comfortable in making decisions and being measured on your output.
If you’re a natural leader and you’re hungry for that next step on the ladder, then this could be the ideal role for you.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now, with your CV, for immediate consideration