We are looking for an enthusiastic Cashier Supervisor on a fixed term contract The key function of this role is to provide an efficient service to the firms for Cashiering purposes. This will involve regular liaison with
Partners, Fee Earners, and Secretaries. The job holder will have responsibility for dealing with all issues that arise, effectively providing a first-class service to the firm. In addition, the job holder will be versatile to change, generating ideas and embracing new systems that will provide the ability to improve processes.
Our client is an international law firm with 21 offices across the globe and currently has over 1000 staff. The firm has won many awards over the years including International Law Firm of the Year. They have an excellent benefits package that includes the following; 25 days holiday, subsidised restaurant, generous pension, enhanced maternity & paternity pay and corporate sports club rates.
- Direct Supervision of two Legal Cashiers including managing the department's day to day work, monitoring team performance, and carrying out Annual Appraisals
- Supervision of complex Office receipt transactions including reversals and reapplication involving Multi currency issues
- Client Completions, ensuring we remain compliant as a firm in handling high value
- Advising Partners on complex transactions and Matter set up ahead of completions including AML issues in the absence of the Cashiering Manage
- Supervising the client residual client balances project for all the practice areas
- Assisting the Cashiering Manager with monthly deposit Interest runs including proportional interest (currently manual)
- Advising Partners on Joint Deposit Accounts & Escrow agreement in absence of Cashiering Manager
- Liaising with Partners & Barclays Bank to set up Joint Deposit Accounts in absence of the Cashiering and Accounts Payable Mange]
- Supervision of the Office & Client Account Bank reconciliations for the UK (GBP, USD & EURO)
- Monitoring of Client balances with outstanding bills (Matters with client balances and outstanding bills report) liaising with Partners to determine the balance
- Supervising weekly clearing of UK Office Credit balances, reporting any issues to Cashiering and Accounts Payable Manager
- Following up automated weekly reporting to Partners on their Client balances by holding regular meetings and supplying further ad-hoc reports as require
- Assisting Cashiering and Accounts Payable Manager with maintenance of the Breach register & reporting to the COF
- Liaising with Billers and AP on various cashiering and billing queries
- Liaising with MLRO & advising Partners re AML on Acquisition deal
- UK SRA Audit - liaising with Auditors and assisting Cashiering and Accounts Payable Manager in managing the UK Audit
- Overseas Audit - liaising with Auditors and assisting Cashiering and Accounts Payable Manager in managing the Overseas Audit
- Supervision of reconciliation of Deposit Accounts held with IPO, EUIPO, WIPO and ensuring regular Top ups are done.
- Cover for the Office Cashiers during periods of Absence
- Assisting Cashiering and Accounts Payable Manager in implementing long-term solutions for the department to help reduce SAR breach register
- Assisting Cashiering and Accounts Payable Manager by implementing solutions to streamline current procedures within the department
- Arranging SAR and various training to UK Partners and Fee earners
- Assisting Cashiering and Accounts Payable Manager in arranging training to Overseas offices
- Ad-hoc assistance as required to Cashiering and Accounts Payable Manager
- Deposit interest calculations including quarterly runs and maintaining interest rates with help from the Cashiering Manager
- Proven experience of working as a Cashier in a legal environment
- Proven experience of supervising staff
- In-Depth knowledge of SAR
- Good Excel skills and a good working knowledge of other MS packages
- Good inter-personal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to deal with demanding deadlines and work pressures
- Pays attention to detail, is accurate and consistent
- Must be forward thinking and able to use initiative
- Able to work as a team member, with flexibility regarding working hours
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.