Virtual School Secondary Education Advisor needed with North Somerset Council
Location - Clevedon (hybrid)
Duration - initially 3 months
Hoursperweek - 37 hours per week
Salary - £25 ltd an hour
- The staff of the Virtual School monitor the educational progress and achievement of children in the care of North Somerset Council and have a focus of raising the educational achievement of these children and young people
- The Virtual School also holds the responsibility for offering advice and guidance in respect of educational matters of previously looked after and adopted children and young people and currently a strategic role for children with a social worker
- The focus will be on secondary aged students, but flexibility is needed to work across all key stages from Early Years through to college and university
- To ensure that every individual secondary child in care has a robust Personal Education Plan, which will enable the young person to thrive and achieve
- To quality assure the Personal Education Plans to ensure that targets are clear, evidence based and aspirational, and that the young person is supported and challenged to make excellent progress
- To offer advice and guidance and to prompt interventions when difficulties arise to ensure that each child has the necessary support to ensure their health and well-being and academic progress
What is required?
- Vocational qualification (QTS or experience to Degree Level or above)
- Direct Virtual School experience and/or experience of working with Designated Teachers and other professionals who support children who have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Excellent understanding of current school improvement programmes
- Approved professional qualification relevant to the area of work and practical experience of working with service user groups giving rise to a variety of technical skills and thorough understanding of the principles of the services available
- Experience of providing support to schools at an operational level
- Full UK driving license and availability of their own car for work uses
If you are interested please call Jemma Molloy on or email me your CV -
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who would fit perfectly to our engaged and devoted team and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250.
The benefits of working with SCS;
- A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
- Exceptional referral bonuses - £250 per referral placed in to work!
- An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
- Payroll service twice a week.
- Ltd and PAYE payment options available.
- Annual training budget of up to £250 and continued online CPD training.
- Excellent Annual Loyalty schemes / bonuses.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.