I have an exciting exclusive role for a Financial Controller looking after two educational bodies. My client is part of a fast growing large privately owned prestigious educational body. The role will involve being in 2 sites Rochester and Broadstairs, so anyone in the ME, CT and potential north TN postocdes would be invited to apply. This is an onsite role with NO remote working initially.
As the financial controller you will be working as a business partner to the Head teachers of the 2 schools and be responsible for the strategic management of both school finances. This will include the financial affairs, business mnagament and material state of the school. (facilities)
You will need to show a proven track record of leadership and strategy, financial management, facilities management and HR.
This is an exciting opportunity with room to evolve both within the schools and the group.
- Review/Supervise/Direct work done by others in Finance Team locally
- Oversee and review the monthly management accounts for the schools. This will include but will not be limited to:
- Review all journals posted in the month
- Reviewing income received in the month and ensure the correct release against the deferred income (termly fees) working paper
- Reviewing and adjusting general prepayments and accruals monthly
- Review the posting depreciation and amortisation charges and ensure any fixed assets are coded correctly in Zero
- Reviewing deposit balances
- Reviewing the monthly management accounts reports together with the commentary pages for presentation to the Head and Finance Director.
- Prepare payroll information for submission to bureau, ensuring complete accuracy and timeliness
- Take on other tasks and duties as requested by both the Head and Finance Director. Such duties may include, for example,
- Working with IT support business.
- Liaising with HR both within the Schools and at Group level, employment and disciplinaries.
- Involvement with facilities management within the schools.
- You will either hold a relevant qualification ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA with post qualifications experience or be qualified by experience QBE
- Proven ability to lead and people management skills, a strong team leadership
- "Roll up your sleeves" and "get stuck in" attitude
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to write and present concise reports to financial and non financial recipients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in preparing monthly management accounts
- Effective project management
- Demonstrate ability to lead change management
- If you are interested in hearing more about the role then please get in touch. Salary is dependent on experience.