Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Change Assistant on a Fixed-Term - Full Time basis based in Waterloo, London. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £28,000 - £32,000 per annum.
This role is will be part office (Waterloo, SE1) and part home based.
About the Payroll Change Assistant role:
Catalyst have just become a subsidiary of the Peabody Group and will fully merge to become part of the Peabody Group in April 2023. As a result of the merger, we have a series of integration programmes in place, to truly integrate our businesses ready for our full merger.
Working within the Finance Directorate and in collaboration with the People & Culture Integration programme team, the Payroll Change Assistant will play a fundamental role in supporting the successful transfer of 1,200 Catalyst employees from an outsourced managed service with Cascade to the Peabody Group in-house payroll function using People XD.
What you can expect to be doing as our Payroll Change Assistant:
- Catalyst payroll – Manage the collapse of the Catalyst payroll and subsequent TUPE transfer of circa 1,000 employees to the Peabody Trust payroll
- Connect payroll – Manage the transfer of the current Connect payroll for circa 150 employees to People XD
- Roseberry – Manage the collapse of the Roseberry payroll and subsequent TUPE transfer of circa 70 employees to the Town & Country Housing payroll
- Collaborate with the Ops and Payroll teams to help map the payroll data requirements for the Catalyst payrolls into People XD
- Assist with testing of any new payroll and work force management functionality that is configured within the People XD modules prior to the parallel runs
- Assist with the onboarding of the Catalyst employees into the payroll module through successful data migration of YTD payroll and sickness data in readiness for the parallel runs
- Process the payroll changes for the parallel runs including new starters, leavers, contract changes, sick and statutory payments, bonuses, expenses and voluntary deductions
- Support the configuration and testing of any changes required to the expenses and employee self-service modules
- Collaborate with the project team to ensure the key payroll deliverables remain on track in terms of time and quality
- Assist with the documentation of new payroll processes and manager / employee user guides
What we're looking for in our Payroll Change Assistant:
- Previous experience of working within an in-house payroll function including data input, running reports and reconciliations using a payroll software package
- Ability to perform manual payroll calculations for tax, NI and other associated statutory payments
- Previous experience of working on payroll change/improvement projects
- Good numerical abilities and proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, including v-lookups
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Good communication skills with great writing and presentation
- Experience of using People XD (previously Core HR) desirable
Closing date: 19th September 2022
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Payroll Change Assistant, please click ‘apply’ now!
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.