Our client is currently recruiting for a Freedom of Information Officer, pay £13.89ph-£15.27ph, start ASAP, duration until end of January 2023, hours Mon-Fri 37.5 hours per week., this role is working fully on site which is based in Ealing.
- To provide advice and to complete the collation and response to requests relating to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). To receive Freedom of Information requests centrally and determine their legality.
- Work independently to distribute requests to information holders for appropriate responses. To advise information holders of the legal context. To identify complex requests and to discuss the potential application of statutory exemptions using specialist knowledge to ensure that exemptions are applied appropriately to prevent unjustified disclosure.
- To log and maintain records of requests and responses, ensuring a full audit trail. To ensure that responses are timely and dispatched within the statutory time limit. To coordinate reviews of the application of exemptions and to manage Freedom of Information appeals against the Trust to the Information Commissioner's Office, including liaising with the Trust's solicitors as required.
- To establish and manage a network of Freedom of Information leads across the Trust and to advise, support and instruct the network using expert knowledge and experience. To work flexibly with the ability to manage multiple and diverse requests at the same time.
- To understand and be able to interpret FOIA requirements and exemptions to create requests for internal fulfilment by department
Why work with Adecco:
- 20 days annual leave 9 days bank holiday
- Perks at work - discount vouchers and points to spend
- Support program with 24/7 helpline
- Eye care vouchers
- Competitive pension scheme
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.