We are searching for an experienced Digital Skills/ IT Tutor to take on a fantastic opportunity teaching in one of the prisons we are supporting. If you are passionate about this subject specialism and are looking for a new, challenging opportunity, this is the perfect role for you!
- Full Time- 37 Hours per week
- Working hours Monday to Thursday 7:45am- 5pm, Friday 7:45am- 12:20pm
- £24000-£30000 Salary
- Permanent Role
Our client is a leading provider working across the adult skills, employability, and prison education markets. They are a purpose-led organisation with a commitment to making a direct difference to the lives of One million people by 2022. With the right people onboard, they can smash that target. They focus on many activities such as helping people into sustainable work: building a skilled workforce for the future and developing careers and rehabilitating ex-offenders into society.
- Identifying the individual needs of learners ensuring that all learners have an individual learning plan which links to their long-term employment goals.
- Continually reviewing our learner’s progression to ensure that the training continues to meet their identified needs.
- Preparing, delivering and reviewing comprehensive lesson plans for all sessions that address the training needs of the group including basic literacy, numeracy, language and other social / employability barriers to employment.
- Engaging and motivating both individuals and learner groups to increase retention.
- Completing all of the necessary administration e.g. registers, enrolment forms, ILPs, reviews, Awarding Body documentation as determined by external and internal requirements in line with contractual deadlines.
- Working with colleagues / hosts to assist learner’s progression towards qualifications, and movement into employment.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Level 2 qualification in ICT or relevant field
- A relevant teaching qualification (or experience) equivalent to PTTLS Level 3
- Maths and English qualifications, at Level 2 or above (or equivalent)
- Confidence in using a diverse range of presentation, facilitation and communication skills
- The ability to handle challenging situations whilst remaining calm and in control especially in a group situation.
- Respect for and understanding of Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Data Protection policies with specific attention to health and safety requirements when organising off-site activities.
- A passion to motivate and lead by example to support people to achieve qualifications.
If you are interested in this role, please hit "apply" and upload the latest version of your CV! We look forward to receiving your application