Rewards & Benefits on Offer;
- Company Contribution up to 8% for Pension
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Hours - 39 per week Monday to Friday
- 25 days’ annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Free Car Parking
- Life Assurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
MTrec’s New Opportunity;
MTrec Technical are proudly representing our prestigious Automotive client, based in Millbrook (Bedford), by recruiting a Permanent Senior Engineer to join their growing team. A successful candidate will be responsible for leading product development activities achieving QCT targets. If you are an experienced Senior Engineer looking for your next career move, apply now for an immediate response!
The Job You’ll Do;
- To work in accordance with company procedures, work and operating instructions; which is to comply with the requirements of TS 16949,
- To lead development activities of Interior Product especially in the area of Moving Mechanism interior parts, wrapping parts.
- Experience of Interior Ambient lighting product would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Vehicle Interior Layout and Packaging work would be an advantage.
- To use engineering tools and techniques to ensure design quality assurance is achieved.
- To investigate failure modes and causes, suggesting any possible technical countermeasures,
- Be the Interface between R&D with both the internal and external stakeholders,
- To actively pursue and take ownership of tasks to meet the functional objective targets/commitments.
- To be able to create and follow up development activities timing plans.
- Use company software systems/packages to support design release process and customer requirements.
- To carry out Benchmarking for continuous competitiveness improvement.
- Produce reports for Management review.
- Comply with Health, Safety, and Environmental systems requirements.
- Minimum HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent related engineering discipline.
- CAD skills- NX7.5 and above. CATIA V5 experience would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience for parts development in a leader position.
- Apply knowledge in Parts design and performance requirements.
- Experience in Cockpit Module and Console Development would be an advantage.
- Project management - project management to meet Q,C,D milestone(s).
- Ability to Lead design reviews with Customer & Cross-functional/Regional teams.
- To be able to plan, lead and execute activities for themselves and team members to achieve functional objectives.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems using engineering tools and techniques,
- Flexibility and the ability to work on a variety of tasks.
- Strong self-learning attitude is desired.
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.