To assist in the delivery of restructuring advisory reporting assignments and work on insolvency appointments across a diverse portfolio of clients, and to ensure that clients and other interested parties receive a quality service in all respects.
- To complete assignments in accordance with the Firm’s standard Advisory procedures and where relevant statutory obligations, and to confirm arrangements with the client, company, or appointer, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- To work closely alongside other Restructuring Advisory staff to plan and execute insolvency assignments, and potentially manage appropriate insolvency cases as required, in accordance with the Firm’s standard procedures and relevant statutory and regulatory obligations.
- Assisting and supporting the RA Core team and providing training and support to junior staff within the team.
- Assisting with the completion of and seeking approval of engagement letters and ancillary document.
- Ensuring assigned diary lines are completed within the deadline
- Inputting data onto the internal systems, IPS and Virtual Cabinet.
- General case administration including raising bills.
- Understanding the challenges currently being faced by the client and developing solutions alongside the Partner/ Director and other RA staff
- Implementing those solutions through insolvency procedures as appropriate, including but not limited to Company Voluntary Arrangements, Administrations, Creditors Voluntary Liquidations and Compulsory Liquidations
- Consulting with the newly formed Restructuring Delivery Team on pre-appointment Creditors Voluntary Liquidation matters
- Dealing with all pre-appointment matters on Administration and Compulsory Liquidation insolvency appointments
- Attendance at initial meetings on site with the client and other RA staff
- Analysing and challenging information received from the client, or checking back to source documentation
- Assisting in report drafting supported by the Restructuring Delivery Team, guided by other RA staff, and templates
- Implementing those solutions, which may involve for example sale of business tasks e.g. accelerated merger and acquisition processes, drafting sale documentation/ preparing lists of interested parties/ liaison with agents / provision of information to interested parties etc, bilateral creditor negotiations, debt restructuring
- Asset realisations including debt recovery & preparation of reports for secured creditors
- Complex investigations, including SIP2 reviews and litigation work as required
- To assist with client take on procedures and timely completion of CEAP.
- To ensure that the job is completed within budget, and to discuss all materials points arising with the assignment partner and client or appointer as these arise, in relation to any anticipated overruns, or significant changes in likely outcome.
- To liaise with the creditors, directors and other interested parties throughout any assignment as required and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments.
- To monitor the profitability and recoverability of work in progress and to bill clients on a timely basis.
Personal and professional qualities:
- The ideal candidate will have experience working at accountancy practice and ideally be ACCA / ACA qualified.
- Previous experience in client handling.
- Proven experience of preparation of financial information
- Corporate insolvency experience essential with further opportunities to develop skills in this area
- Experience in Restructuring Advisory and / or Insolvency in a similar role and CPI qualified would be an advantage, but not a pre-requisite as full training will be given.
- Strong organisational and time management skills and able to demonstrate a strong commercial outlook.
- Excellent communication skills due to internal and external client contact.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.