Assembly Fitter x3Permanent PositionExcellent salary/package (Holiday: 25 days + 8 Statutory Days, Pension up to 6% matched, Life Assurance: 5x Basic Salary, shift premium)Double Day ShiftsMornings (Monday – Thursday - 5:45am - 13:30pm & Friday 5:45am - 12:15pm)Afternoons (Monday – Thursday 12:15pm - 21:00pm & Friday 11:45am - 18:15pm)Growing Manufacturing BusinessBirminghamMy client are a precision manufacturing business based North Birmingham specialising in machining and assembly of high value low volume components.The Assembly Fitter will proactively support the build, and test activity in the assembly and testing of products.Assembly Fitter x3Job Description
- Following stringent safety procedures build, test and certify all products to customer requirements
- Effectively interact with Production, Development and Engineering teams to maintain product supply and in the introduction of new products
- Liaise with Internal and External inspectors
- Shot blasting, Spraying and Etching components as required
- Maintaining accurate records including the in-house Seiki system
- Identify and seek to continually improve the processes where possible taking accountability for delivering results
- Participate in cross functional teams
- Ensure continued communication and good relationships with external and internal customers
- Carrying out any other duties appropriate to this post, as necessary or as requested.
- Experience assembling mechanical components within a manufacturing business
- Experience and knowledge of working from engineering drawings and works instructions.
- Experience and knowledge of hand tools, power tools, and testing methods.
- Experience and knowledge of using measurements and measuring tools e.g. gauges.
- Aerospace, Marine or Defence industry experience
- Relevant engineering qualifications such as a recognised apprenticeship is desirable