Avenues is a community where people smile, laugh, grow and achieve great things, we know that well-supported people support people well, which makes them want to do their very best for the people we?support, and?achieve our vision.
If you are looking for your next social care role, or a change in career, long-term stability, career growth and a feel-good reward, then this is the role for you, and we would love to hear from you!
We welcome applications from everyone who wants to make a difference to people's lives, but especially from those with lived experience.
- Male Support Worker
- £21,010 per annum (pro rata)
- Full time hours
- Shift patterns; 7am-2pm/3, 2pm/3pm-10pm - Waking night included 9:30pm-7:15am
Driver's essential - must be willing to drive the automatic service vehicle!
We are looking for Male Support Workers to work with us in Beckenham, supporting 6 male adults who various support needs including learning disability, autism & mental health.
No two days are the same but your day might look like this! ?
- Supporting our people to be engaged in all day to day living activities, including making full use of their community and beyond.
- Supporting our people with social activities, and connecting with family and friends.?
- Supporting the management of our people's finances.
- Keeping our people's home clean and fresh, and going shopping.?
- Providing, and encouraging, personal care.?
- And enjoying what you do!
- Experience in social care is not essential, we provide a full range of accredited and award winning training programmes at no cost to yourself, including the Health and Social Care Diploma that will really support your career progression.
Benefits you can expect!??
- Early Pay - ability to access your earnings more frequently if you wish.
- Paid enhanced DBS.?
- Flexible working.
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave (pro rata).
- Access to high quality training that supports your career development.
- Contributory pension scheme with life assurance.
- Shopping discounts via Blue Light Card and?The Bene£its?website.?
- Recommend a friend - earn up to £500.?
- Free and confidential 24/7 access to the health portal and employee assistance programme.
**T&Cs apply ***?
As part of our commitment to the "Disability Confident Scheme", candidates who declare a disability, and meet the key criteria for this role, will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview stage.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the holder of this post to be male in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.