Shaping the company's overall approach to digital services from start to finish and overseeing multiple projects across departmental and organisational boundaries.
You'll be expected to perform extensive market research to gather valuable insights, that are data driven, and identify industry best practices, then translate those findings into clear digital strategies and measurable goals.Minimum Requirements
- Preferably Business Development Management diploma/degree
- Business Development Management degree/diploma or equivalent (Demonstrated success in digital business development and strategies)
- Preferably minimum of four to six years' experience as a business development manager, sales executive or relevant role relating to digital transformation, platform and software as a service (Mining industry experience is advantageous)
- Expert networking skills to generate new business opportunities and nurture relationships with existing clients
- Proven success in winning, delivering, and retaining key clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel 40% of the time (2 days per week).
- Examples and at least one sample of an effective document delivered in the past
- Develop and execute digital transformation strategies for the mining industry.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs to software, platform and digital solutions for the mining industry.
- Establishing a pipeline of core digital marketing activities and ensuring that the pipeline is aligned with the company's revenue targets and digital marketing goals
- Assessing new business opportunities with a strong revenue target in mind
- Maintaining strong and prosperous working relationships with important clients
- Communication link between sales, regional area managers, SBU product managers and defines priorities between these parties with reference to sales and revenue targets, and digital growth strategy.
- Aligned with brand management division roadmap and vision
- Manage Beta product trials (POC's and trials)
- Manage customer feedback strategies to ensure customer satisfaction with your product
- Manage marketing intelligence strategies for the applicable product line
- Manage product positioning strategies to ensure the product is well suited for the applicable target market.
- Manage pricing strategies and monitors if product cost is achievable.
- Manage product launch, promotion marketing strategies
- Work with team of product managers and sales executives in order to fulfil above mentioned responsibilities
Competencies (Skills, Knowledge, Attributes)
- Excellent English and Afrikaans grammar (Both speaking and writing)
- Selling software and platform as a service.
- Exposure to data analytics, engineering, and science concepts.
- Digital Transformation strategies.
- Excellent computer skills (administrative)
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Business expertise – Cost vs. selling = Profitable product
- Strong leadership and coordination skills.
- Strong client engagement and consultation skills.
- Software-as-a-Service product marketing, sales and continuous discovery.
- Excellent domain knowledge in mining safety and productivity.
- Experience with Collision Avoidance solutions, Occupational Health and Safety solutions, Asset and Lamproom management, Access Control.
- MS Office, MS Teams
- Good time management
- Able to adapt to rapid changes
- Able to handle pressure
- Good admin skills
- Very good communication skills
- Result driven
- Team player
All applicants who meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply should do so on or before 23rd of September at 12:00
Please note our shortlisting period is one-two weeks If you don't hear anything from us, consider your application unsuccessful