Has accountability for the cargo flow execution as per timeline and
regulatory requirements, executing daily tasks in a cost-efficient and
Join our Regional Hub Operations Centre in Tanjung Pelepas for a hands-on shipping experience with the world’s leading ocean transportation carrier!
Be responsible for driving performance within Maersk’s largest transhipment hub in Asia Pacific. Lead and coordinate incidents happening in Tanjung Pelepas hub, push the boundaries for what we achieve with our vendors, and collaborate with our internal and external colleagues to deliver our promise to our customers.
You will experience true international reach and exposure from working across the Asia Pacific region with different nationalities, vendors, and regulatory requirements.
Drive cost leadership at high service levels while being out where the action happens to solve issues on the spot with full authority. Deliver on collective and individual performance targets while driving
improvement initiatives together with your team.
You will work in a dynamic environment with a range of stakeholders and colleagues across our organization, offering you a unique chance to make a difference by leading the container shipping industry in the direction of reliable service delivery to our customers around the world.
The role will enable you to develop critical skills such as leadership, execution management, process improvement, product development, stakeholder management, multi-cultural communication, and vendor management. In addition, you will be gaining in-sights into Maersk’s processes from an operational and commercial perspective, and you will experience a career in the undisputed leader of the industry.
- Enable the vision of making transhipment a non-event – that hub incidents do not impact our delivery promise to customers
- Lead hub incidents handling and coordinate with various stakeholders to resolve the case in the most efficient way
- Create and implement processes that enable seamless management of hub incidents
- Arrange and coordinate special cargo handling to avoid negative impact to berth and vessel utilisation
- Drive down behavioural cost such as storage cost, container renominations, shutouts, and other terminal penalties
- Liaise directly with berth planning team and hub service planning team to resolve issues before they impact the vessel game plan
- Work together with the Cargo Safety Manager to ensure compliance to local rules for transhipment and import/export cargo
- Be present on the ground in the terminal to independently solve issues on the spot, and suggest improvement ideas to increase berth productivity
- Seek to streamline physical processes in the yard and consider how internal system processes can be modified to simplify our transhipment activities
- Build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to continuously drive down cost, improve the experience delivered to our customers, and optimize our processes for future success
- Collaborate with all APA OCL stakeholders to maintain a healthy hub, and seek feedback to improve customer experience with transhipment products
- Drive vendor performance and compliance for the services we procure in the terminal, and engage in constructive dialogue to grow together
- Always have the customer in focus with a sense of urgency to improve their experience.
What we are looking for:
- General experience in the shipping or terminal industry will be valued, and any operations experience will be a significant advantage
- At least 3 years of working experience is preferred
- You are a diligent, self-disciplined and upright individual, accepting personal ownership for your results
- You are innovative and driven to provide solutions and ideas that will improve our service level and reduce our operational cost
- You should be a good communicator who is able to interact and convey ideas when working with cross-cultural teams and multiple stakeholders
- You will need to be flexible in making decisions and prioritizing tasks, and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and complexity
- You can work independently and alone on the terminal, and be comfortable making on-the-spot decisions with significant impact to Maersk
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills will be a great advantage
- You should be enthusiastic, energetic and confident, and be an effective team player