Regional Technical Support Lead for HV Switching Equipment
Regional Technical Support Lead for HV Switching Equipment
Working with the Local, Regional and Global teams and various Business Partners, the High Voltage Regional Technical Support Lead for Switching Equipment will support the Bid, Sales & Execution teams during these different phases; Sales Strategy Decision, Go/Go-No/Bid Decision, Bid Approval, Project Handover, Project Execution and Project Closure.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Has more than 10 years’ working knowledge on Transmission High Voltage Products and Services
• Has experience as Site Manager/ and or being a Field Technical Specialist
• Relevant technical training & exposure in High Voltage equipment (Switching) which could include certification by a professional body
• Comfortable handling challenging technical related topics and working with different Stakeholders, Cultures and timezones
• Has a keen eye for detail with regards to Technical possibilities & Contract management
• Ability to improvise and willingness to experience unpredictable situations
• Positive attitude to work and embraces a high-performance culture
• Professional English required, where additional Asian languages will be a benefit.
• Must be mobile both locally and regionally.
• As part of a cross-functional team, able to work in a high-energy environment, high pressure situation to quickly support, evaluate, clarify and resolve any technical challenges
• Supports BID & Sales during tender discussions and offer preparation
o Takes the technical/engineering lead role
o Participates in Customer discussions/clarifications/negotiations
o Supports with his knowledge in efficient usage of Resources in respect to Tools & Manpower & Material
o Provides additional ideas for upselling topics within the offers as an option/ and or during execution
• Provides support, where it is necessary, to both local & regional projects before, during and after project execution
• Supports the project team in developing their execution strategies aligned with the Business Unit targets
• Energy Assets: responsible to ensures all Regional Assets are captured; supports the local & regional teams to ensure data quality checks are being regularly performed; responsible to ensure that all reports related to the Asset is being captured and stored
• Ensures that the Contractors/3rd parties involved are in full technical compliance with their assignments (supporting the PMs)
• Participates in senior technical level engagement with internal/external customers and business partners
• Ensures the team adheres to Siemens Energy’s Project Management, Business Conduct Guidelines & HSE standards.
• Support for Switching & Non-Switching technical related issues
o 1st stage =( Wil be trained to provide regional technical advisory support on the Switching equipment, supported by the Technical Experts (HQ)
o 2nd stage =( Will be trained to provide regional technical advisory support on the Non-Switching equipment, supported by the Technical Experts (Local/HQ)
• Keeps independently a close contact to the relevant teams in HQ for update / advise / solution finding
o Reporting will be structured accordingly to ensure development and training will be mapped towards the requirements by HQ and tailored to the needs of the Region
Your opportunities for personal growth
• This role provides exposure to traditional as well as advanced technologies within Siemens Energy’s Transmission Service world
• You will be able to develop leadership skills working with cross-functional teams, multitude of different cultures, hierarchy levels which will provide insights, perspective and experience working in a global company
• This role provides opportunity for you to lead and coach team members
• Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in-turn, creates a workplace where our Employees feel belong and be able to prosper
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
Siemens Energy Transmission Services division is one of the leading service providers in the world with a broad portfolio of innovative products and services including expert factory and field service support, maintenance, operation, repairs, replacements, modernizations and upgrades of components to ensure the highest availability of high voltage transmission assets - We keep the world energized!
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Siemens is a global powerhouse positioned along the electrification value chain – from power generation, transmission and distribution to smart grid solutions and the efficient application of electrical energy – as well as in the areas of medical imaging and in-vitro diagnostics. Since 1908, Siemens has actively participated in Malaysia's dynamic, economic and social growth.
Today, backed by its global network of innovation, it is one of the leading technology providers with comprehensive products and solutions for various markets in the Malaysian economy such as in Power & Gas, Power Generation, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries & Drives and Healthcare.
Siemens' innovative and efficient products are enabling power and energy operators in Malaysia to succeed in increasingly complex technological and economic environments – particularly in areas of power generation and power transmission as well as oil and gas production. For example, by the year 2017, Malaysia will be home to 6 units of the world's largest and most efficient gas turbines, the SGT5-8000H gas turbines; being the first country to have installed the turbines in the ASEAN region. Our rail products and solutions provide safe and reliable transport for thousands of commuters in Malaysia. For example, when there was a need to transport passengers to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) in the most efficient, reliable and quickest mode; Siemens spearheaded an Express Rail Link (ERL) project, building a 57 Kilometer city-airport connection in 2001, which allows passengers to travel from KL Sentral to KLIA within 28 minutes on a daily basis. To this day, the express line maintains a reliability rate of 99.7% on-time performance rate. Today, Siemens Malaysia, together with consortium partners, Siemens AG and SMH Rail Sdn Bhd, is involved in one of South-East Asia’s largest Mass Rapid Transit projects, the Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit (KVMRT), as the supplier of electric trains. On top of that, Siemens Malaysia was also awarded as the supplier of depot equipment and maintenance, together with consortium partners, Siemens AG and Hisniaga Sdn Bhd. The first line of the project will span across a distance of 51 Kilometers and 31 stations. Once all 58 four-car trains are in operation, the KVMRT system is expected to have a frequency of one train every three and half minutes, with a capacity of about 1,200 passengers for each train. Siemens is committed to providing long-term benefits to the societies in which we operate, through corporate citizenship activities which can vary from philanthropic disaster relief to more strategic shared value or inclusive business approaches. Since its presence here in Malaysia more than 100 years ago, we ensure that we provide support where it is needed most and in doing so, we apply high management standards and strategically focus our activities in areas where our competencies, resources and employee volunteering can make a meaningful difference. These focus areas include providing access to technology, providing access to education and sustaining communities.
Additional Company Information
501 - 1000 Employees
Average Processing Time
Electrical & Electronics
Benefits & Others
Dental, Education support, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Parking, Vision, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts), Flexible Benefit Plan, Working from Home, Free Sport Classes