Position Title: Project Coordinator (Req #: 16)
Date Posted: 09/16/2022
Location: Prince George, BC
Job Category: Operations
Salary Interval: Salary
Reports to: Project Manager
Department: Operations Manager
Position Summary: (Scope Summary)
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator is responsible for s undertaking project related functions. This position will provide strong leadership in all aspects of the work in accordance with all company and industry regulatory health, safety & environmental and quality standards & procedures.
- Provide support to Project Managers in planning, coordinating, scheduling, and assisting with project control
- Manage changes to project scope, timeline and budget;
- Perform general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, tracking of project milestones, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications;
- Support the (sub) contract management process: tender and award work or material supply; review and process invoices and progress claims, and assisting with the review of documents and inquiries;
- Assisting with preparing progress invoicing and progress status reports;
- Ensure that all technical aspects of the work conform to all applicable codes and standards;
- Facilitate the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assisting with the creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project and reviews with Project Manager;
- Coordinate the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders;
- Prepare purchase requisitions for approval and assisting with procurement of materials and equipment;
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly labour, equipment, material and subtrade costs. Monitor cost accruals and review with the Project Manager on a regular basis;
- Identify critical path and keep abreast of manpower loading and materials deliveries;
- Assisting with the drawings, drawing records, revisions, site instructions and change order;
- Maintain all QA/QC documentation, maintains records of all testing and inspections;
- Ensure that all work is completed accurately (i.e. survey);
- Assisting with the completion of estimates, estimate reviews and costing;
- Work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organization;
- Demonstrate and communicate company values, vision and safe behavior;
- Other duties and tasks as assigned. These duties may fall out of the scope as described to support the business in whatever capacity deemed required.
- Post-Secondary Education in Construction, Engineering/Technical Training, Managerial/Supervisory Skills Training. Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering an asset;
- Professional desiccation such as Project Management Professional (PMP), Professional Engineer (PEng) an asset.
Experience & Technical Competency:
- Two or more years’ experience in industrial or commercial construction project management;
- 2-3 years in heavy construction;
- Knowledge of construction industry standards and operations (i.e., construction specifications, building materials, methods, and procedures, Health & Safety Legislation);
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license or out of province equivalent;
- Experience working with industry writing style such as grammar, sentence form, and structure as well as proposal writing;
- Tools & Processes - experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro, AutoCAD Viewer and Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, Project, Outlook);
- Knowledge of and skill utilizing Microsoft Office and project management apps.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer.