Onsite - Rochester, NY - US
As an Electronics Technician, you will contribute to delivering high-quality sophisticated products and prototypes for autonomous mobility and robotics, and have an opportunity to innovate amongst experts in the field of embedded systems. You will assemble, test and integrate electronic, electro-mechanical and optical assemblies of both prototype and production level using a variety of assembly and test equipment. This is a great opportunity to join a growing manufacturing team where you can collaborate with a variety of engineers, gain exposure to cutting-edge technologies, problem solve and help shape improvements to assembly/test workflows.
This role is for a well-organized person with experience in electronics and optical assembly and test, heightened precision for fine assembly, and strong problem-solving skills who can thrive with high levels of autonomy. You will serve as part of the manufacturing team during new product introduction, prototyping and steady state manufacturing phases.
- Test, Integrate and assemble prototypes and production level systems/sub-systems (electronic, electro-mechanical and optical)
- Strictly follow documentation including tracking sheets, testing procedures, bills of material, assembly procedures, and rework instructions
- Troubleshoot and diagnose failures of printed circuit boards, modules, and systems using schematics and test equipment
- Perform SMT reworks, modifications and board/land repairs as needed
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
The Right Person Will Have:
- An Associates or Technical Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Technology, Optical Systems Technology or related field or equivalent years of experience
- A minimum of 2 years of professional electronics assembly experience
- High-level knowledge and literacy in electronics schematics, bills of materials, and electronics and component types
- Familiarity with optical focusing parameters and procedures
- Competency in RoHS soldering techniques down to 0201 package size
- Familiarity with clean room procedures
- Ability to use various hand tools and test equipment e.g. Digital Multi Meter, oscilloscope, digital calipers, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- PC experience including Windows, Linux, MS Office, and other business line systems (MRP, PLM, QMS)
- Competitive total compensation
- Medical and dental coverage
- Employer paid basic life, short-term disability, and identity theft coverage
- Voluntary vision, life, long-term disability, accident, critical illness coverage
- Simple IRA retirement contribution
- Paid holidays, time-off, and sick time
- Tuition assistance and employer paid professional development
- Flexible work schedules
- Unlimited snacks and drinks in the breakroom
- Employer sponsored social events
Since our founding in 1999, D3 Engineering has driven innovation in high-performance embedded systems development. We leverage our expertise in autonomous machines, sensors, imaging, optics, edge computing, algorithms, robotics, and electrification to provide cutting-edge engineering design and low-volume manufacturing services. Headquartered in Rochester NY, we serve a global network of customers and are proudly connected with many technology leaders and Fortune 500 companies. We are interested in bright, creative, and team-oriented individuals exhilarated by the opportunity to transform the world through frontier technologies.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. D3 Engineering does not sponsor visas. Please be aware that some of the projects we work on are subject to ITAR regulations. Applicants who accept a conditional offer must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For more information about D3 Engineering, please visit www.d3engineering.com.
D3 Engineering is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
D3 Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.