Mechanical / Structural Engineering ~ Project Management ~ Technical ~ Monitoring and Evaluation
Professional Officer – Cape Town
The TES employee(s) will be responsible for the following function/ work:
– Conducting on-site inspections where services are rendered and equipment are working to
ensure project works efficiency and in compliance to the contract conditions.
– Drafting of basic technical reports, detailing findings and recommendations after each
– Maintain technical records by monitoring ongoing projects in relations to project work
– Amending technical data/records in order to ensure that the technical information reflected is
accurate for the monitoring of ongoing projects and planned future projects
– Monitor and research applicable legislation and regulations of mechanical plant and vehicles in
reference to Road Traffic Act, OHSA and the SABS
– Conducting technical research of the market to collect data for the SWM fleet’s projects
– Review of current contracts performance to incorporate into the drafting of the specification
– Record data into a schedule to assist future project analysis.
– Coordinates and assist in the drafting of the specification for all SWM fleet projects
– Review of existing specification to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements for vehicles,
heavy plant and mechanical equipment
– Liaise with various stakeholders to support the mechanical, vehicles, plant and equipment
tender requirements to improving existing specification
– Assist in the draft of technical specification and designs stipulating requirements for various
– Conduct market analysis by investigating market availability, market value, output /performance
cost etc. for tender needs.
– Assist with the tender initiation and evaluation.
– Assessing cost effectiveness to ensure alignment to SCM policies.
– Assist in the technical evaluation and drafting of technical evaluation report /schedule for the
– Provide Logistical Support to the Project and/or Contract Manager
– Assist is the administration and information management of tenders and contracts
– Monitoring, tracking of project schedules and updating of tasks.
– Co-ordination of tenders and contract management queries
– Co-ordination of performance management requirements
– Managing and ensuring records of all project files are up to date and loaded to the relevant
records management systems PRMS, CRMS, PPM, SharePoint
– Liaise with relevant stakeholders across the business to ensure project actions are implemented
in accordance with requirement/ project plans.
– Coordinate project meetings, quality check and distribute relevant documents and distribute
– Draw financial reports against contractual agreements and issue deviation to the
Project/Contract Manager where applicable.
Gather and record various data and objective evidence ( photographic, data sheets, schedules etc.), required for the effective governance of various projects.
Minimum Mechanical engineering/ Industrial engineering
Minimum Project Management
Experience: 5 years