Application Service Manager
Group Technology - Business Applications
FTC - 6 months, Full-Time
Office Location: Manchester
Closing date: 8th October 2022
Why you should join us
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Business overview per Business Area:
Our Business Applications team ensures service quality is consistently delivered in line with the expectations of the business and that the tradeoffs or prioritisation of activities are well communicated amongst the stakeholders.
As a Applications Service Manager, you will manage, coach and support a small team of HR and Corporate Systems Analysts. You will collaborate with other Application Service Managers and act as a Project Manager for smaller pieces of work and / or initial stages of larger projects and represent the HR and Corporate areas at the PMO forum.
This role entails
The responsibilities for the role are:
- Develop and maintain strong and supportive relationships with internal stakeholders across Group Technology architecture, security, governance, design, product, and platform teams.
- Work closely with a diverse range of business stakeholders on the identification and prioritisation of new application and service features or enhancements to deliver improved experiences.
- Conduct regular assessments of stakeholder satisfaction with applications and services. Implement continuous service improvement initiatives to address the feedback.
- Establish and maintain support from key stakeholders across Technology and business units to identify and achieve objectives and outcomes.
- Ensure regular, transparent and clear communication to all stakeholders on progress, challenges and service improvement opportunities.
- Ensure opportunities to optimise services and the application estate are regularly pursued.
- Deliver effective service management through the tracking of KPIs and metrics to measure the quality of service.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse range of external partners.
- Project Manage smaller pieces of work and act as point of contact and organiser for larger projects during the initial stages.
- The proactive management of vendors to ensure the services they provide are continuously optimised to meet user needs and that value for money is achieved.
- Accountability for service quality and the delivery of business value and outcomes.
- Accountability for the operational reliability, security and efficiency of the services.
- Build application lifecycle roadmaps to reduce operational risks, executing the war on legacy plans to ensure the estate is regularly maintained and patched.
- Manage cloud application upgrades, reviewing new functionality, regression testing, and communicating system updates and upgrades to the relevant audience, in line with Technology change processes.
- Support incident resolution, triaging and troubleshooting application issues that arise. Ensuring clear communication to user groups and effective resolution through escalation as needed.
- Develop and maintain an operational knowledge base for application estate.
- Deliver a strong first line support service where required for specific business processes, working with other technology teams or software vendors to manage issues through the incident lifecycle.
- Provide out of hours management support for major incidents and operational maintenance activities as required
- Provide line management and career development for analysts within the functional domain.
- There is a requirement for this role to support other application managers and business applications as operational requirements dictate from time to time.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
Minimum role criteria:
- Substantial experience of application development, implementation and operational management.
- Experience of managing small to medium projects
- Demonstrable experience in managing business stakeholder relations
- Experience in managing both legacy ERP applications and SaaS offerings
- Solid understanding of ITIL
- Experience of managing and developing people
- Experience of negotiating and managing IT contracts, including the associated licensing and cost models, for optimum benefit
- Engagement with procurement and legal contract advisors for additional information.
- IT applications, operations, service and support.
- Data processing, analysis and quality management tools.
- Development and implementation of processes and policies
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you have a disability, well guarantee youll get to the next stage*.
(minimum criteria above)
The Key role criteria is as follows:
- Supporting and/or implementing HR systems, Health and Safety Systems, Physical Access Systems, Legal Systems
- Experience of SaaS products
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything...
Closing Date: 8th October 2022
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance
We reach millions of people everyday, thats why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do.
*There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.