- Strategic partner. Serve as a key member of the top management team in developing and implementing business strategy. Act as a thought leader in providing analytical insight and perspective with respect to measures such as cash flow, business development and unit economics. Partner with the senior management teams to provide financial oversight, establish metrics and monitor performance.
- Active financial management. Be hands on with finance and financial management. Be prepared to roll your sleeves up and process invoices and look after the pennies and well as the strategy. See the opportunity to get hands on work done as a real contribution to the business rather than a task that is beneath them. Ensure that they actively monitor the business and produce the MI and reporting that is needed to achieve this.
- Planning and analysis. Oversee the development of capital allocation and strategic plans to ensure optimal utilization of financial resources. Help lead the development of future business strategies as well as pricing models for products and services; establish long term financial goals; and monitor and analyse ongoing performance against these objectives. Develop high-quality financial information and analysis to provide context and insight to decision-makers across the companies.
- Capital markets. Play a leading role in defining the companies’ financial structure, equity fund raising and balance sheet management. Interface with investors and third party financial institutions; arrange and negotiate bank credit lines, loans and other debt financings. Continuously evaluate options to maximize company value as they grow.
- Establish strong financial controls and, more importantly, serve as a moral compass within the companies by instilling a culture that emphasizes dealing with issues in a transparent and honest way.
- A qualified accountant, either ACCA/ACA/CIMA.
- You have a minimum of 7 years of experience in financial accounting, controlling, and reporting, preferably in a fast-growing start up environment.
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Strong systems literacy and excel skills, you should be comfortable working with large sets of data in excel
- Ability to Business Partner with colleagues outside of finance
- You have experience with accounting software (preferably Xero)
- Excellent attention to detail and diligent meticulous nature
- Ability to priorities and work to tight deadlines