The company is looking for an individual with experience in using a variety of data tools and analysis methods to create information assets to be consumed by descriptive and advanced analysts.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end tasks within the data analysis framework working with business representatives, product owners, etc. to define and elicit requirements, analyse data and assist developers in creating information.
- Acquire data from various data sources and combine & transform data into interpretable datasets, reports, or dashboards
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Extend the company’s data with third-party sources of information when required
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Perform data profiling of data contained in source systems
- Provide detailed analysis of all data implemented into the database
- Provide the data mapping and associated transformation rules for each data item
- Ensure that the business requirements and subsequent development activities are supported by accurate information.
Analysis and Visualisation
- Interpret data, analyse results using analytical techniques and provide reports and/or dashboards
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Use data to answer key questions about the business.
- Support and maintain the project data models at multiple levels of detail and functionality (conceptual, logical, normalised, relational, dimensional, application level, subject-level, integrated, etc.)
- Assist Data Modelers to draw up detailed data models.
- Work directly with management and other business users to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build relationships
- Present information using data visualisation techniques
- Facilitate requirements gathering workshops with the business
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to analyse information needs, functional requirements, and business processes
Bachelor’s degree (statistics/data or computer science/engineering) or equivalent
Practical experience in analytics, data modeling, and data profiling
Knowledge and Experience
3 years of experience performing data analytics
Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects), databases (SAP HANA, Cloudera), querying (SQL)
Business experience in financial services an advantage
Strong analytical-thinking and problem-solving abilities
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience working with data in various data sources and databases
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
Experience working in an agile environment
Excellent attention to detail
Building and maintaining relationships