Responsibilities: The Therapist provides best practice, quality clinical services, ensures all documentation is completed per Payers, state licensing agents, COA, & HCAs standards and established guidelines and assist with marketing for new referrals.
1. Communicate with customers, colleagues, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, and address complaints/concerns.
2. Develop treatment plans with the input of the treatment team and the Clinical Supervisor
3. Provide individual, group, and family therapeutic interventions and skill building as outlined in the Treatment Plan
4. Implement Health Connect America approved therapeutic interventions as delineated on the treatment plan with clients and their families
5. Complete all client documentation within established time frames
6. Attend and actively participate in weekly Treatment Team meetings
7. Link the client and family with specific services and resources as identified in the treatment plan
8. Serve as a liaison with other professionals and agencies as related to the client
9. Actively recruit new referrals to ensure that your caseload stays full
10. Provide 24/7 on-call support for clients as per program requirements
11. Ensure compliance with all state regulatory bodies & COA standards.
12. Participate in and complete all assigned training and professional development activities, including E Learning courses.
13. Participate in the PQI process and strategic planning process
14. Employee will include sensitivity to the service population's cultural and socioeconomic characteristics in providing treatment services.
15. Employee must Independently transport self in his/her own vehicle to provide services in the in- home/community-based service milieu, attend meetings; and, if absolutely necessary, transport clients occasionally. Employee must agree & accept this job duty requires him/her to maintain a current drivers license, a safe driving record, current vehicle insurance; and, maintain his/her vehicle in safe operating condition at all times.
16. Perform other duties as assigned to support operations and mission of the Company.
Required Skills & Abilities: Masters Degree in human services discipline, including, but not limited to: Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Counseling, Criminal Justice, etc.) and 2 years experience working with children (experience can include internships, volunteer work, etc.)
- Child and Adolescent development/needs/behavior
- Child and/or Adult psychopathology and diagnostic categories
- Family systems
- Treatment planning and implementation, reviewing, and updating of Person-Centered Plans.
- Best Practices in clinical treatment interventions
- Family systems and family dynamics
- Best Practices in Systems of Care
- Medical/Clinical and Medicaid documentation standards and practices
- Community Resources and Natural Supports
- Interaction and Communication Strategies
- Cultural Competence
- Role/Purpose/Philosophy of Case Management Services
- Knowledge of mandated reporting requirements
- Community resources
- Effective interpersonal communication skills (ability to speak clearly and convey information so it is understood.)
- Effective and timely documentation skills
- Active listening (Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.)
- Establishing effective clinical relationships with individuals and families, and maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Establishing and maintaining professional working relationships with staff and collaterals in community agencies, medical practices & facilities, etc.
- Professionally networking in community to identify and access community resources for individuals
- Ability to read, comprehend and implement service definitions for all services
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with clients, families, internal and external colleagues
- Ability to accept, interpret, & implement performance & conduct feedback from supervisor(s)
- Ability to motivate others towards achieving goals.
- Ability to work independently with strong sense of focus, task-oriented, nonjudgmental,
- Ability to respect and maintain client confidentiality
- Using effective time management skills to complete required job duties
- Developing and implementing treatment plans
- Analyzing and evaluating situations and information, using sound judgment to make decisions and determine appropriate course of action
- Planning, coordinating, and implementing treatment services to identified individuals, while being cognizant of cultural, ethnic, and environmental differences
- Crisis intervention with consumer/family member, including implementation of plan of safety
- Technological skills: proficient in computer operations of email, internet use, data entry, word products such as Excel for reporting purposes.
- Ability to possess valid drivers license and maintain a safe driving record.
- Ability to travel independently to individuals homes and other community locations. Ability to access various physical plants, settings, and environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, individuals, customers and the general public. Ability to deliver persuasive communications on sensitive and complex issues to appropriate people.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. The ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables based on theory and the ability to plan and act on interventions.
- Physical ability to: visually observe, speak, listen, independently move from one location to another throughout the day independently; drive to individuals homes and community settings and be able to independently access a wide range of physical buildings, including navigating steps, porches, etc.
Salary Range: $33,000-40,000 with option of Plus Pay.