East Bay Innovations- Transitional Care Case Manager 1
Also hiring applicants from Brentwood, Tracy, Mt. House, Dublin, Pleasanton, Hayward, Berkeley, and Emeryville!
Are you looking to gain experience in the non-profit sector, social work, social services, occupational therapy, mental health, or healthcare? If so, then East Bay Innovations (EBI) is where you want to be!
About Our Organization:
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a nonprofit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities, and hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
About this position:
Join our amazing Transitional Care and Case Management (TCCM) Team and become a Case Manager!
What does a Case Manager do?
You provide coordination and support to clients/family in their transition from nursing facilities/long term residential facilities with the goal of coming back into their community. A Case Manager will support their client with securing affordable housing, navigating through Government benefits and helping locate adequate services like In Home Support Services (IHSS) or even nursing support. All TCCM clients must have Medi-Cal and the ability to manage their own support and services in order to participate (or someone willing to do this for them).
What does your typical day supporting one of your amazing clients look like?
- Provide coordination and support to enable clients to transition safely from nursing facilities to the community. Create a comprehensive service plan to ensure ongoing services in the community.
- Assist clients to access and utilize resources they will need to live in their own home, i.e. IHSS, affordable housing, community health services
- Maintain accurate and detailed records, including State and program required documentation, case notes, billing information, and client binders.
- Facilitate and assist clients with the development of a circle of support to build and maintain relationships with family, friends, and neighbors.
- Work effectively with significant persons in each clients life, i.e. family members, friends, significant others. Work effectively with other EBI staff, representatives from other agencies, and members of the community.
- Communicate all information relevant to client support to the direct supervisor in a timely manner.
- Maintain a consistent, positive attitude in order to successfully support each client.
- Schedule service times to accommodate client needs.
- Act as liaison to clients, their support systems, landlords, employers, and other agencies to maintain living options.
- Act as liaison between EBI and other State and Local agencies, i.e. Housing Authority and Social Security.
- Provide cross-coverage for colleagues as needed.
- Complete EBI Training curriculum and other required training.
- Complete EBI shadowing as set forth by supervisor.
- Participate in staff meetings and ongoing training as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
- Someone with three (3) years of experience working in the field of human services; experience working with programs such as IHSS and Medi-Cal preferred.
- Someone with a Bachelors degree (education can be substituted with additional 2 years of experience in the field).
- Someone with possession of a valid California drivers license with a driving record that meets agency standards. Auto insurance and access to a vehicle.
What's the schedule?
Full-time Monday through Friday schedule!
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided to all staff and clients. This includes face masks, face shields, gloves, disinfectant, hand sanitizer and more!
Is this the right job for you?
- Do you believe that all people should be in the drivers seat of their own life?
- Do you enjoy supporting and helping people, no task is too small?
- Do you enjoy working with people with many different lifestyles and backgrounds?
- Are you comfortable responding to unexpected challenges; you are cool under pressure and think quickly on your feet?
- Do you like working independently but communicate with your team and supervisor
- You like to learn new things and can learn quickly; when things change, you can roll with the punches?
- Do you follow through with commitments?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, YES! This job is for YOU!
What does EBI offer?
- Medical coverage for those working 30 hours a week or more, with three different health plans for you to choose from.
- Dental and vision coverage for both full-time and part-time staff.
- Aflac- three different plans to choose from.
- FSA & DCFSA, Commuter and Parking pre tax benefits.
- Employee EAP that include free mental health counseling sessions for you and members of your household.
- 403(b) retirement plan so you can invest in your future.
- Education Assistance Fund, providing reimbursement for tuition, fees, and supplies for education and self-enrichment courses
- Membership in the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 1021.
- Many opportunities for training so you can feel confident in the work you do and prepare for future career opportunities.
- Paid sick leave for all employees, and paid vacation for full-time employees
- Paid holidays for all
- Mileage reimbursement for on-the-job driving
- We show our appreciation for staff with monthly raffles, games and more, to celebrate you and the important work that you do!
East Bay Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.