* All positions are located in Fresno/Clovis CA *
*We are currently offering a $5k sign-on bonus at hire for candidates meeting specialty experience requirements*
If you are a nurse (RN) looking for a position where you can utilize AND grow your critical care experience, our Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) supporting a Level 1 Trauma Center may just be for the place for you to grow your career. As a Registered Nurse in our PACU, you will be key to patient experience post-surgery. From continuous assessment to ensuring patient safety, comfort, continuity of care and post-surgical education, you will have the opportunity to serve a large patient population that is ever-changing.
When you are working in either phase 1 caring for trauma and critical care patients, or phase 2 preparing for a discharge home, you will make a tremendous impact here. With 28 PACU bays covering both emergent trauma, as well as scheduled procedures, your day is anything but predictable. With a diverse patient population and the variety of care that we provide, you will be challenged to grow your skills – and will be supported as you do.
Community Regional Medical Center (CRMC) is the flagship hospital of Community Medical Centers – a private, not-for-profit healthcare system based in Fresno, California, and the largest healthcare provider and private employer in central California. We are home to the only Level 1 Trauma and comprehensive burn centers between Los Angeles and Sacramento. The 58,000 square-foot emergency department is one of the largest and busiest in the state! Our hospital serves 2.5 million people within 9 counties, averaging a daily census of 641 patients. We’re affiliated with UCSF as a teaching facility and have trained 3,000 Medical Doctor’s to date plus remain investing in research and training grants.
We know that our ability to provide the highest level of care begins with our incredible staff. Because of this, we provide unique benefits like free concierge services to run your errands while you work and well-being support through on-demand resources, as well as excellent retirement options and core benefits. Financial benefits are important too, and outside base compensation we provide relocation bonuses if you are moving to our wonderful community.
Your Career at Community | Opportunity. Challenge. Growth.
In your role, you will:
- Utilize the nursing process to identify patient needs for continuous assessment in the PACU.
- Document and evaluate the effectiveness of nursing actions and ensure a safe environment of care.
- Work alongside other departments to ensure continuity of care.
- Provide post-surgical education to patients, creating and maintaining a sterile and safe surgical environment for the patient and monitoring the patient’s physical and emotional well-being throughout the surgical care continuum
- Monitoring patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as respiratory depression and institute appropriate interventions ics.
Education and Experience Minimum Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited registered nursing program
- Minimum 1 – 2 years recent ICU, Critical Care, or PACU experience
- California RN state license
- BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification within 6 months of hire or transfer into job
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer into job.
- Ability to take On-Call during the week and work some weekends and holidays
Contact Recruiter Bevan Dinis at or text me at 559-259-7640
Click to learn more about our awesome benefits offerings as well!
Please note: Per the CDPH order, all healthcare workers are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved exemption and test regularly.
Please note: If any bonuses are noted, they are only applicable to external hires and those candidates meeting current bonus requirements.