Job Description Position Title: Surgical/Operating Room Tech
Location: York, PA
Duration: 3 months
Shift/Schedule: M-F schedule, 12-hour shifts covering about 0600-1930 (On-call requirement with 30-min response time)
- Obtains appropriate sterile and unsterile items needed for procedure
- Opens sterile supplies.
- Checks patient's chart, identifies patient, verifies surgery to be performed with consent forms, and brings patient to assigned operating room.
- Transfers patient to operating room table.
- Assesses comfort and safety measures and provides verbal and tactile reassurance to the patient.
- Assists anesthesia personnel.
- Positions patient, using appropriate equipment.
- Applies electrosurgical grounding pads, tourniquets, monitors, etc., before procedure begins.
- Prepares the patient's skin prior to draping by surgical team.
- Current certification as surgical technologist (CST) required.
- Completion of an approved technologist program or previous technologist experience of at least one year.
- Current BLS certification
- Level 1 Trauma experience necessary
- Client Experience preferred