About the Job
Study Support, Research Participant Recruitment and Management (75%)
- Support and directly assist with participant recruitment and screening efforts
- Assist in the screening, consent and enrollment of appropriate participants under the oversight of a study coordinator, research nurse, investigator or manager
- Support study visits, including participant visit preparation, scheduling of study appointments
- Scheduling research visits and study-required procedures, may including coordination with various clinical departments (MRI, CT, lab, etc.)
- Linking and entering appointments in various systems
- Support collection of study-required data and completion of study-related paperwork, including assessments, questionnaires and study forms. May assist or independently complete study assessments with research participants
- Maintenance of subject research charts
- Maintain list of participants for follow-up assessments, and engage in efforts to maintain retention of participants for study follow-up assessments.
- Engage with investigators in verifying subject eligibility, facilitating subject enrollments, ensuring the appropriate recording and completion of study documentation, obtaining necessary approvals and signatures
- Conduct study procedures including obtaining Vital signs, ECG’s, 6MWT
- Assist with specimen collection (phlebotomy) and management, including preparing kits, processing specimens, preparing shipments, tracking inventory, etc.
- Ensure timely and accurate data submission and maintenance of study databases
- Facilitate the timely review and reporting of adverse reactions and severe adverse events
- Assist with the preparation of regulatory materials and review of regulatory documents, consent forms, etc. Track regulatory review submissions and facilitate communication with IRB specialist to ensure deadlines are met.
- Support the maintenance of regulatory binders and required documentation for each clinical research study to ensure compliance and to be audit-ready at any given time.
- Prepare for and participate in site initiation visits, monitoring visits, program audits, etc.
- Report Unanticipated Problems according to University policy
- Facilitate new project development
- Support quality improvement initiatives
- Participate in staff, team and department meetings
- Attends national and study meetings, as appropriate
- Educate University faculty and staff of our regulatory and research obligations in relation to our clinical research activities
- Communicate with clinical teams to foster an environment of quality research participation within the context of exceptional clinical care
Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications: (Must be documented on all application materials)
- BA/BS in a scientific or health related field and experience in a medical setting, OR a combination of education and experience in clinical research to equal to 4 years
- Experience with computerized data management; ability to identify data for abstraction
- Computer proficiency and ability to navigate multiple software applications.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as a part of a team and with changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain deadlines and prioritize assignments
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible work hours and on-site
- Certified Medical Assistant or similar experience, preferably in cardiology
- Experience with patient care / contact
- Experience with EPIC
- Experience abstracting and reporting medical data for clinical research
- Experience collecting (phlebotomy) and handling human specimens
Working at the University
At the University of Minnesota, you’ll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.
The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training and degree-seeking programs supported by the
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling at no cost
Please visit the for more information regarding benefits.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to comply with the University’s Administrative Policy: COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.