SCAH-Sutter Care at Home - Bay
Primary coverage for this position is Santa Rosa/North Bay
This position facilitates the planning and transfer of infusion patients from the acute-care and rehab setting to home care and hospice infusion therapy. This position will be the on-site home infusion resource for physicians, case managers, nursing staff and home care coordinators for appropriate home infusion referral. This position will evaluate patient and family to assess infusion needs and determine appropriate services. This position determines and initiates infusion teaching needs related to discharge to assist with facilitating smooth transition from hospital to home infusion therapy. This position will be responsible for providing ongoing communication and follow-up regarding status of pending referrals. This position will assist with sales and marketing efforts of the Home Infusion Therapy Program.
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
- Other: RN graduate from an accredited curriculum.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- RN-Registered Nurse of California
- CRNI-Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
- Current PPD
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- DL-California Drivers Class C
- AUTO-Automobile Insurance
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 5 years experience in home infusion therapy
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Advanced understanding of home infusion services, infusion clinical standards of care and practice;
- Must have clinical knowledge and critical thinking ability to effectively plan and evaluate infusion patient care consistent with the standards and regulations of Title XXII, Medicare Conditions of participation, INS Standards of Practice, JCAHO home health accreditation requirements, QI outcomes/benchmarking, and infection control specific to infusion patients.
Days of the Week:
Number of Openings:
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.