2nd & 3rd Shift include shift premium
Goodman Manufacturing Inc., a member of Daikin Industries is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Team Lead position with our Manufacturing organization located at our DTTP facility located at 19001 Kermier Road, Waller, Texas 77484.
The Team Lead responsibilities will include schedule attainment & ensuring employees are following processes/procedures to build products in a timely manner while achieving Safety, Quality, and Productivity metrics for the assigned Manufacturing departments such as; assembly, fabrication, paint, plastics, coils or materials. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website and submitting your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary , the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the , , and brands.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by —an organization that brings opportunity to over 60,000 employees worldwide. Subsidiaries included are , , , , and .
May include in addition to;
- Train & provide instructions to employees in work processes, quality assurance, machine /tool operations, safety and 5S.
- Schedule and coordinate parts inventory and flow to and from the assembly lines, manage changeovers, ensure the correct parts/materials and product are built to BOM.
- Delegate assignments of employees to various workstations to maximize production and achieve daily targets.
- Ensure employees are performing work that meets quality, safety, on-time delivery, and cost objectives.
- Track daily production goals & targets.
- Timely prepare and accurately complete and store all required documentation including production cards and controls scrap tickets.
- Communicate any urgent items to supervisor/manager immediately.
- Identify areas of opportunities and participate in implementing continuous improvement processes.
- Follow all safety procedures and ensure employees are adhering to the Company safety protocols.
- Substitute for missing personnel as needed.
- Perform additional duties/projects as directed.
- Experience with inventory accuracy; knowledgeable of the parts/materials used in production
- Knowledge of Production Daikin System and Flexible Manufacturing System (in-house training & certification required)
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of manufacturing production practices
- Strong knowledge of PKMS, MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, MAPICS & Smart Schedule
- Must be able to read and understand (bill of materials) BOMs and work instructions
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and written with both internal and external customers and departments
- Ability to train, coach and mentor others, ability to develop professional working relationships among employees
- High level of attention to detail, excellent problem solving skills and compliance oriented.
- Ability to apply good judgement, decision-making skills, strong work ethics and integrity on the job.
- Results orientated, dedication to excellence and sense of urgency to achieve business objectives
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with internal and external customers and employees.
- Ability to operate a Forklift is highly preferred (successful completion of in-house training and certification)
- Ability to work various shifts and weekends as needed
Experience, Education and Training:
- 3 plus years of experience within a high volume environment
- Min of 2,080 Hours experience at Goodman in manufacturing is preferred
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent
- PDS Training – successful completion of in-house Production Daikin System training
- May include Forklift training/certification - conducted internally by Daikin Training Team
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. High volume manufacturing environment with forklift traffic. May have higher noise levels in areas – hearing protection required. Requires ability to stand for long periods up to 8 to 10 hrs.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.