Come power the future with us!
From the beginning, Hotwire Communications has been focused on the future – bringing the power and speed of fiber optics directly to customers. We were among the first companies in the US to offer IPTV Video and the first to offer gigabit speeds in Florida.
And that leadership continues.
We are looking for team members who are passionate about technology and what it means for all our lives. We are looking for leaders to drive us into the future and we are looking for individuals who are prepared to do whatever it takes to create a truly exceptional customer experience day in and day out.
The Utility Locator primarily marks underground cables, pipes and other conduits to prevent damages. Our Utility locator must work closely with our Fiber Optics Technician and Claims department to locate, restore and to report all findings at a damage location.
- Maintains computer database and inventory of utility locates in assigned area.
- Perform locates within the given time and respond to the tickets accordingly.
- Utilizes conduit-location equipment to perform utility locates
- Utilizes site plans, area maps, and other blueprints to locate and mark the underground utilities which may include low or high voltage cable, fiber optics cable, communication etc.
- Communicates to with appropriate individuals when potential complications or emergency situations are foreseen as a result of locate/relocate.
- Ensure markings and stakes are accurate and visible according to marking standards.
- Transport locates’ equipment and supplies to assigned sites; cleans and maintains locating equipment.
- Performs basic trouble shouting.
- Performs on-call rotation as required.
- Provides demand and preventive maintenance for fiber network & FTTH
- Maintains proper network documentation on changes and upgrades.
Attention to Detail
Problem Solving Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or recognized equivalent required.
- Associate degree in Engineering, Telecommunication, certifications or equivalent.
- Familiar with the EDEN software
- Minimum of 3 years related telecommunication and utility locating experience required.
- Ability to fluidly adjust to an ever-changing environment with little advance notice.