Are you motivated by knowing you've made a difference in someone's life and in our community? Do you have a passion for helping those in substance abuse recovery? If you answered yes, then you may have what it takes to be part of the Veterans Inc. team at Independence Hall!
WHO WE ARE:
At Veterans Inc. our Independence Hall location in Shrewsbury, MA provides a different type of support than other treatment programs do for individuals seeking recovery. We believe in client-centered care and recovery-orientated treatment within a therapeutic environment. Independence Hall is not only a building, but also a treatment center, a source for help, and a collection of people working together to create an environment of health and happiness, with a sole purpose to assist an individual with their recovery. We are seeking passionate and innovate individuals to join our newly licensed inpatient Detox program staff.
Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, the nursing staff is responsible for delivering care to patients in our Detox Treatment Program. Duties include; conducting nursing and medication assessments for patients, overseeing the dispensing of medication, monitoring patient health progress, and delivering health education groups as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY:
- Oversee the health and nursing care of assigned patients and monitors their progress towards treatment.
- Coordinate patients care while encompassing standards of clinical nursing practice and Veterans Inc. policies.
- Record and report all observed symptoms, reactions to treatments, and changes in patients' safety status.
- Assist with the admitting, discharge, and transfer process. Conduct initial and ongoing health screenings.
- Administer medication and responsible for the safekeeping of all medication stock required by the DEA, FDA, and Board of Pharmacy.
- Respond to patient care needs/issues and assists with activities of daily living.
- Provide patient education on health-related issues individually and in a group environment.
- Participate & attend all assigned meetings.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE:
- Minimum Associate's degree from an accredited school of Nursing required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing is highly valued.
- Must have a current and valid Massachusetts licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Current certification in CPR
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience preferred. Experience providing nursing care in a substance abuse treatment setting is highly valued.
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background record check.
- Compliance with Veterans Inc. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Religious and Medical Exemptions are considered.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Comprehensive Benefits Package for Full-Time employees includes:
- BCBS Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- $2,000 Medical Opt-Out program if you have medical coverage through another source
- Retirement Plan (403B) with a $2,000 Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Up to $2,000 a year in Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
For more information, or to apply now; visit our . Please do not mail, email, or fax your cover letter/resume as we are limited to only accepting completed applications through our . Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and applications will not be reviewed.
Veterans Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status. If you need assistance completing an application please contact .
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Agencies are requested not to contact Veterans Inc. with recruiting inquiries.