Tardis Environmental UK Ltd are a well-established portable toilet and tanker hire business that operate a large fleet of HGV and LGV vehicles across various locations situated throughout the UK. We hire temporary waste and water solutions from 1000ltr waste and water storage tanks up to 30.000ltr storage tanks.
We are currently seeking aHealth & Safety Officerto work alongside our current team based at ourTelford Depot.
Salary: £35,000 depending on experience
Hours:8am to 5pm
As H&S Officer you will be a key member of the team, you will drive the H&S culture throughout the business and be responsible for co-ordinating, supporting and advising the business in all aspects in relation to health, safety, environmental and quality matters.
You will be required to manage your time effectively whilst monitoring standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety are adhered to.
You will need to possess strong leadership attributes with the ability to communicate staff inductions and training efficiently and effectively, as well as being a driven individual with the ability to work independently or show excellence within a team.
Competence and Qualifications (Essential)
- The candidate will have general NEBOSH certification and be a member of IOSH with experience in Managing several sites across the UK
- Experience in maintaining and updating ISO Management Systems
- Practical experience of carrying out health, safety, environmental and quality audits/Inspections
- Up to date Knowledge of Current Regulatory requirements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly demonstrate and convey concepts to large and small audiences on various levels
- To ensure the company wideH&S policies and processes are implemented and carried out across the business
- To develop a short/medium / long-term H&S strategies working in conjunction with the Senior Management Team
- To chair, formulate an Agenda and Minutes for H&S Meetings and distribute subsequent minutes and actions, ensure that that all agreed actions are completed within deadlines
- To carry out site inspections and review the effectiveness of the H&S management system identifying areas of improvement as and when required
- As required, carry out accident or near miss/hazards investigations, producing supporting documentation and corrective action plans including recommendation of possible disciplinary action. Keep records up to date
- Manage the company safety rules and near miss/Hazard reporting promoting SHEQ initiatives ensuring, review, audit, feedback and closure including agreed actions
- Identify the training needs of employees, deliver training as required, including risk assessing and safe systems of work
- To monitor and report on the services provided by external contractors
We offer an annual holiday entitlement of 28 Days which includes 8 bank holidays and for every 2 full years you work for the company you will receive an additional days holiday, up to a maximum of 5 additional days along with a work place pension scheme.
If you want to be part of a great team, submit your CV for an interview.