Required to be Asbestos Accredited and TN Certified
- 1) Removes asbestos from ceilings, walls, beams, boilers, and other structures, following hazardous waste handling guidelines: Assembles scaffolding and seals off the work area, using plastic sheeting and duct tape.
- 2) Positions mobile decontamination unit or portable showers at the entrance of the work area.
- 3) Builds connecting walkway between mobile unit or portable showers and work area, using handtools, lumber, nails, plastic sheeting, and duct tape.
- 4) Positions portable air evacuation and filtration system inside the work area.
- 5) Sprays chemical solution over asbestos covered surfaces, using a tank with attached hose and nozzle, to soften asbestos.
- 6) Cuts and scrapes asbestos from surfaces, using knife and scraper.
- 7) Shovels asbestos into plastic disposal bags and seals bags, using duct tape.
- 8) Cleans work area of loose asbestos, using a vacuum, broom, and dustpan.
- 9) Places asbestos in disposal bags and seals bags, using duct tape.
- 10) Dismantles scaffolding and temporary walkway, using handtools, and places plastic sheeting and disposal bags into transport bags.
- 11) Seals bags, using duct tape and loads bags into a truck.