Chamberlain College of Nursing has immediate need for qualified Complex Adult Health/Critical Care Clinical Faculty (part-time) to teach in our program. Teaching opportunities are available throughout the region.
You've been preparing for this moment your whole life, dedicating yourself to become an expert with the knowledge and skills to help, to heal, to nurture, and change lives like only a nurse can.
Today, more than ever before, the next generation of nurses needs you.
Your passion. Your expertise. Your heart.
clinical educators experience the powerful satisfaction that comes from helping educate, empower and embolden students and advance the health of people, families, and communities as we face new challenges ahead together.
Will you join us?
Complex Adult Health (Critical Care) Nursing course overview:
Adult patients with unstable emergent critical illnesses are the focus of this course. Students integrate nursing, technological and scientific knowledge with clinical judgment to potentiate optimal health with a diverse patient population. Students utilize comprehensive assessment techniques, advanced nursing skills and multiple nursing modalities to maximize optimal health. A variety of population and settings are used in the experiential learning component of this course.
Clinical teaching is typically scheduled for at least one weekday for an at a clinical partner site. Chamberlain students experience practice settings that include large and small hospitals, long-term care facilities, community and public-health agencies, faith-based service organizations, independent practices, ambulatory care centers, public health agencies, military services (Army, Navy, and Air Force), VA Medical Centers, schools, home health environments…anywhere healthcare is delivered.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination may be required to teach at certain clinical partner sites.
We build long-term relationships with superior nurse educators who are experts in their field and committed to providing the finest in practitioner-focused education.
In this role, the clinical instructor:
- Implements the , , program outcomes, and course objectives through clinical teaching and service to the College, community, health system and profession
- Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching assignments
- Plans clinical experiences for and provides direct supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals
- Evaluates and provides documented feedback to student on level of performance based on course objectives
- Is available for remediation of students as required or needed
- Orients and maintains current knowledge related to agency/clinical policies, procedures, and expectations with the assistance of the agency/clinical personnel
- Develops and posts written clinical assignments consistent with student's knowledge base, skill competency and individual learning needs
- Grades homework, quizzes, tests, lab assignments, clinical paperwork and other written work in a timely manner
- May teach didactic course content under supervision of course coordinator
- Keeps course coordinator informed of all student and agency issues and concerns
- Reports to the dean or assistant dean: a course coordinator will also provide direct oversight
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you have:
- A master's or doctoral degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited college or university
- An unencumbered professional nursing license in Illinois
- At least two years professional experience within last five years in the area of instruction as a registered nurse
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination may be required to teach at certain clinical partner sites
- Teaching or precepting experience is preferred but not required
- Have genuine passion for nursing, education, and lifelong learning
- Have exceptional subject matter expertise with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care
- Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community
Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today!
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace. As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
At Adtalem Global Education, we seek to empower students and members to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem is a leading workforce solutions provider that partners with organizations to proactively address future workforce needs and empowers career development with access to world-class academic curriculums, certifications and training programs across the medical and healthcare and financial services industries.
Adtalem institutions and companies include: American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists, Becker Professional Education, Chamberlain University, EduPristine, OnCourse Learning, Ross University School of Medicine, Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, and Walden University. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) For more information, please visit .