You've been preparing for this moment your whole life, dedicating yourself to become an expert with the knowledge and skills to help, to heal, to nurture, and change lives like only a nurse can.
Today, more than ever before, the next generation of nurses needs you.
Your passion. Your expertise. Your heart.
Chamberlain College of Nursing clinical educators experience the powerful satisfaction that comes from helping educate, empower and embolden students and advance the health of people, families, and communities as we face new challenges ahead together.
Will you join us?
Chamberlain College of Nursing seeks Part-Time Clinical Instructors interested in teaching students in our program studying at our who live or work in the Cleveland, OH area.
Chamberlain students have opportunities to experience practice settings that include large and small hospitals, long-term care facilities, community and public-health agencies, faith-based service organizations, independent practices, ambulatory care centers, public health agencies, military services (Army, Navy, and Air Force), VA Medical Centers, schools, home health environments…anywhere healthcare is delivered.
We are seeking candidates for the September 2022 8-week session and with immediate need for the following specialty:
Emphasis is on the dynamics of an individual’s ability to function in society. The course focuses on content relative to anxiety, self-concept, thought disorders, mood alterations, addictive behaviors, organic brain dysfunction, abuse and violence issues. It also incorporates health promotion and wellness issues such as stress management and personal growth. Therapeutic communication techniques, individual and group therapy practices and community mental-health resources are also incorporated. A variety of population and settings are used in the experiential learning component of this course.
Clinical teaching is typically scheduled for at least one weekday, weeknight, or weekend (multiple schedule options may be available) for an at a clinical partner site.
If you are passionate about nursing and advancing your career through the power of education, we invite you to apply today.
- Implements the College's philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives through clinical teaching, and service to the College, community, health system and profession.
- Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching loads.
- Plans clinical experiences for and provides direct supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals.
- Makes self-available to staff at the agencies.
- Evaluates and provides documented feedback to student on level of performance based on course objectives.
- Is available for remediation of students as required or needed.
- Orients and maintains current knowledge related to agency/clinical policies, procedures, and expectations with the assistance of the agency/clinical personnel.
- Develops and posts written clinical assignments consistent with student's knowledge base, skill competency and individual learning needs.
- Corrects and returns homework, quizzes, tests, lab assignments, clinical paperwork and other written work in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the ongoing development, implementation, and evaluation of the programs and the College.
- May teach didactic course content under supervision of course coordinator.
- Keeps course coordinator informed of all student and agency issues and concerns.
- Works with college administration, staff and other faculty members to improve the overall operation of the college and student satisfaction rates.
- Participates in the implementation of the College Assessment Program, campus retention efforts, and both departmental and campus policies.
- Serves as a professional role model for other faculty, staff, and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, dress, attendance, and general professionalism.
- Utilizes relationship skills in situations requiring group problem solving, consensus building, and win-win negotiation.
- Complies with all applicable regulatory rules and standards.
- Reports to the dean or assistant dean: a course coordinator will also provide direct oversight.
- Handles related duties as assigned.
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you:
- Hold a master's or doctoral degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited college or university-required
- An unencumbered professional Georgia nursing license
- Live or work in the greater Atlanta area and can commit to teaching onsite with one of our clinical partners
- At least two years professional experience within last five in the area of instruction as a registered nurse
- Are available to meet with our students onsite at the Atlanta campus at least once per 8-week session
- Teaching or precepting experience is preferred but not required
- Have genuine passion for nursing, education, and lifelong learning
- Have exceptional subject matter expertise with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care
- Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community
Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today!
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
The purpose of Adtalem Global Education is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success, and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem Global Education Inc. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a leading global education provider and the parent organization of Adtalem Educacional do Brasil, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS), Becker Professional Education, Chamberlain University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. For more information, please visit .