You're invited to apply for an amazing job in Chapman!
Boise Cascade has been in the business of manufacturing wood products and distributing building materials for over half a century. Today we’re one of the largest manufacturers of plywood and engineered wood products in North America – and the only wholesale stocking distributor for building products that can service the entire United States. Because our business is built on relationships, our employees are critical to our success. And we’re committed to investing in them. That’s why we offer a benefits package designed to have a positive impact on all areas of your life – from health and well-being, career and community, to financial security and personal safety. We call it, Total Rewards. Here’s a look at what’s included:
- Medical + Prescription Drug
- Dental + Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while reporting potential safety hazards
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly; reduce safety hazards and maintain the appearance of the plant.
- Troubleshoot, correct, and report maintenance issues on plant equipment
- Perform minor routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs to ensure machine reliability.
- General cleaning, machine operation, loading and unloading, stacking, product grading, operating a forklift, and any other tasks as business demands.
- Perform multiple and varied tasks in the production environment in order to meet goals and by creating a safe work environment for all employees.
- Contribute to a team environment by cross-training and filling in for operators during absences.
- Demonstrate initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to work on a team.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- At least six (6) months of experience in manufacturing, farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, construction, warehouse, or military environment
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work a rotating twelve (12) hour shift (days and nights)
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations.
- Willing and able to wear safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots, and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- At least one (1) year of experience working as a machine operator in a manufacturing environment
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience working in lumber or wood products
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing environment