The food service associate performs a variety of food service functions under the direction of the food service
supervisor. These functions include, but are not limited to, cold food production, meal assembly, and meal
delivery. The major service areas include patient, catering, cafeteria and meals on wheels.
- Assembles and serves food in a timely manner. Completes food orders accurately and attractively.
Serves proper portion sizes.
- Follows recipes (ingredients, portion sizes, measurements). Prepares quantities in accordance with par
levels or per the instruction of the supervisor. Plates / displays food attractively. Restocks / replenishes
food and supplies for assigned areas.
- Cleans equipment and work area as needed to reduce the risk of cross contamination and food born
illness. Uses appropriate chemical correctly. Demonstrates proper hand hygiene: uses gloves and washes
hands as appropriate. Follows isolation precautions in patient areas.
- Represents department in a professional manner. Adheres to dress code. Maintains good personal
hygiene and a clean appearance.
- Delivers food in a timely manner. Properly identifies patients according to policy, Sanitizes hands in and
out of each patient room. Uses Tray monitor in real time to track tray delivery.
- Operates the register accurately with little to no deviation from expected cash count. Follows policies
and procedures for counting out drawers. Accurately records sales information on the monthly log sheet.
- Keeps potentially hazardous food out of the danger zone. Logs temperatures of foods and takes
corrective action as necessary. Stores food properly: at the right temperature; in the right order (FIFO);
and with expiration dates. Discards food the evening b
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- High School/G.E.D preferred or equivalent work experience
- Food service experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and write. Basic computer skills. Must be able to use mobile devices like iPads.