About the Role
The Asset Protection Officer plays an important part in protecting council assets and ensuring safety for the community. The role requires excellent communication and negotiation skills to liase across various stakeholders.
• Complete site inspections to confirm the condition of council assets
• Work alongside the community and building professionals to deliver equitable compliance on Asset Protection Permits and building sites
• Fairly enforce Council’s Local Laws and associated legislation
• Liaise within the building department and other council departments as required
• Provide accurate technical support to the public, including counter and telephone enquiries.
Skills & Experience
• Demonstrated experience in an enforcement or similar role, preferably in a local government environment, and/or completion of a post-secondary qualification
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills
• Sound knowledge of Acts and Regulations, that relate to the functions of council
• Ability to present evidence in court, and prepare court documents and briefs
• Excellent problem solving and time management skills
• Computer proficiency and the ability to complete work in a digital environment
• Sound written and oral communication skills, including report writing skills
As a progressive leader in Local Government, Darebin City Council is passionate about social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence. We are proud of the diversity of our workforce and recognise the strength this provides in meeting the needs of the community we serve. We are committed to upholding a positive and supportive work environment that values the contribution of all employees and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including opportunities for personal and professional development, flexible work practices, Employee Assistance Program, recognition and reward program - Appreciate Great and a variety of generous paid and unpaid leave options.