RSI is looking to welcome an experienced software developer to join as an Engineering Manager on an Agile team implementing configurations and customizations to our Integrated Tax System for our client projects! We are looking for someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and is a proactive problem solver, enabling their teams to continue making progress every day. You'll join our team of project managers, consultants, and technical specialists implementing RSI's solutions.
The position can be performed from your home office in the United States, however, a majority of the work will be in the Eastern time zone.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Working on an agile team guiding team members to complete user stories within a sprint / iteration. This may include: breaking down user stories into actionable tasks, getting a team member the help they need when they are stuck / need direction, mentor team members to improve their efficiencies with configuring / customizing RSI's Integrated Tax System, facilitating / performing peer reviews, assist with capacity planning / team velocity metrics
- Working with Product Owner / Business Analysts on backlog refinement / prep to ensure User Stories are ready per the agile guidelines
- Identify and initiate actions to remove impediments, prevents distractions, reduce/prevent interruptions (protect the delivery team).
- Learn RSI's Integrated Tax System functional and technical aspects to then be able to mentor more junior team members
- Supervise staff from an HR perspective [Performance Management]
- Motivate and inspire your team to do their best work through coaching.
- Maintain morale and support employee engagement initiatives.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
As an engineering manager skills and competencies required are:
- Software development experience especially with experience in SQL and large-scale transaction processing. Implementation can support 100s of concurrent users and thousands of transactions an hour
- Team Lead experience mentoring more junior software developers / IT consultants
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Experience working on agile teams
- Capacity planning
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Automate testing of configured components [Unit and Integration]
Preferred skills include:
- Tax and Revenue industry / domain experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of development experience
- 2+ years of leading development teams