If you are a recent Graduate and looking for a full-time opportunity,
we want to hear from you!
We are seeking recent Graduates who are caring and motivated people to join our Workskil Australia team. We have full time opportunities available in the Perth North region.
About the Roles
As an Employment Coach you will utilise your knowledge and critical thinking skills to support our customers to overcome barriers, in order to gain meaningful employment.
Using a case management framework, you will focus on improving the customers’ capacity to work by stabilising non-vocational issues and building vocational skills and experience.
These roles will also include undertaking ‘marketing’ of customers to suitable employers and running group-based job search sessions to motivate and promote further job opportunities for customers. There will also be a strong focus on generating suitable vacancies and job referrals to place our customers in.
We have multiple full time, ongoing roles available based at the following locations:
- Port Adelaide
Why come and join Workskil Australia?
- Work a 9-day fortnight
- Salary Packaging options
- Internal career progression
- Great working culture
- 4 weeks paid parental leave
- Gain a Certificate IV in Employment Services or Career Development in your first 12 months of employment
To be successful in the role you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a passion and drive for helping people find employment;
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to build positive relationships among a diverse range of customers, employers and staff;
- Demonstrate strong mentoring and motivational skills to develop positive relationships with all stakeholders including staff;
- Prove your ability to receive and deliver constructive feedback;
- Demonstrate high attention to detail with strong time management skills to be able to manage a balanced administration workload;
- Demonstrate strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office suite; and
- Demonstrate your ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
You will also be required to:
- Hold a current driver’s licence;
- Have a minimum Bachelor of Marketing, Business, International Studies, Arts, Social Sciences Psychological Science or related qualification;
- Show sound knowledge of the local labour market and the needs and expectations of employers; and
- Have intermediate to high level administrative skills including ability to type at a minimum of 30 wpm.
Previous experience in the employment services industry or similar will also be highly regarded.
Workskil Australia is a national not-for-profit and charitable organisation, with almost 40 proud years of supporting Australians to achieve sustained economic and social self-reliance. We do this by providing a range of employment, work experience, disability, youth, Indigenous and community services across New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia and Victoria.
We promote a positive team culture where high performance can thrive. We value excellent customer service, integrity and honesty in our employees. We look for employees who have a genuine passion for working with those in need, are results-focused and can contribute to a strong team. In return for your truly valued contribution we will support your ongoing career development and offer a friendly, supportive & innovative environment for you to thrive.
We work hard every day to:
- Work with our Customers to secure great long-term job opportunities.
- Meet the labour needs of business and industry through quality recruitment services at no cost.
- Assist businesses with diversifying their workforce.
- Provide specialist employment and community services to people seeking work, including people with mental illness, injury or disability and Indigenous Australians.
- Deliver work experience projects to the community.
Our values remain at the heart of everything we do and we strive to conduct our business with the highest degree of care, integrity, respect, honesty and service. We believe that the care, respect and high level of service we give to all of our customers is our key point of difference.
A competitive salary will be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience. As Workskil Australia is a public benevolent institution, we can also offer a portion of the salary through tax effective salary packaging.
About your Application
For your application, please include both a cover letter and resume. Your letter should set out why you are the appropriate candidate for the role. For ease of upload, we encourage you to combine these into one file as a pdf or word document. Please also note that a psychometric assessment is part of the application process, so please allow yourself approximately 15 minutes to complete your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance and other checks that may be a requirement of the position. To learn more about working at Workskil Australia head to https://www.workskil.com.au/about-us/work-with-us/
We are actively looking to fill this role and reserve the right to shortlist and interview applicants whilst this advertisement is open so encourage you to submit your application at your earliest opportunity.
Workskil Australia is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we particularly welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and applicants who have a disability. We deliver a range of employment and community services to children, young people and their families and are committed to creating a safe environment for children and young people in the delivery of these services.