- Multiple positions available!
- Join a team of positive, friendly tutors
- Report to a supportive and vibrant management team
- 60 minute sessions - small groups - after school hours
- Be paid above award rates as a Casual Teacher
- Enjoy working in state of the art facilities
- Training to induct you successfully
- Opportunities for growth within the company
An exciting opportunity now exists for Experienced Secondary Education Tutors with experience in English or Mathematics to join the team at the Kip McGrath Education Centre at Belmont WA as they enter a new growth phase.
Since opening their doors more than 40 years ago, Kip McGrath has become a well-known and respected brand in the education sector and has experienced significant transformational change as they have grown into a global business. Through the development of proven methodologies, individually customised learning programmes, world-class technology, and motivated and skilled educators; their aim is to create a brighter future for children across the globe.
Programs are individually tailored to the needs of each student, offering remediation, consolidation and extension learning in numeracy and literacy from kindergarten through to college.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Kip McGrath, we focus on what's important... TEACHING! In a small group setting, you will be able to realise your passion for teaching literacy and numeracy. You will help children to grow their confidence and meet their goals every day.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Teaching students using the Kip McGrath methodology
- Tutoring students in a positive, caring manner to promote self esteem and self worth
- Quickly learning how to use our state of the art software to plan and conduct face to face lessons - saving you on prep time!
- Being available to commit to every class you are scheduled to teach
- Using your strong rapport building skills to develop and maintain a positive relationship with students and parents
- Keeping an accurate record online of your students progress and goals on a weekly basis
- Providing verbal and written feedback to parents
- Work up to 2 - 3 sessions a day (Monday to Saturday)
To succeed in this role you will need the following skills and attributes:
- A teaching degree or in the final year of your degree
- A current Working with Children Check
- A friendly, professional and personable manner
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Demonstrate a positive, vibrant personality
- Confidence using software and computers
- Genuine love for learning and teaching
- Reliable, high attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Ability and willingness to teach both face to face in our Belmont Centre and online as required by management once you have satisfactorily fulfilled the training requirements
HOW TO APPLY
We are not requesting a copy of your resume at this stage, so please complete the requested work history & education information on the application page (You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section) and we will be in touch!
Teachers love the flexibility of working with Kip McGrath. With custom-built software, our teachers are able to deliver quality lesson plans with only minutes of planning and very little marking. Work online or in centre outside of school hours to fit in with your schedule.
If this sounds like you, then what are you waiting for?
No recruitment agencies, please.