Ascellon Corporation is seeking a goal-oriented problem solver and team player who is ready for the responsibility required to work in a professionally exciting environment supporting internal and external customers nation-wide, while at the same time sharing their knowledge and expertise to support the company's mission of providing superior customer service.
You will enjoy a creative work environment and comprehensive fringe benefits that include:
- Flexible paid vacation days
- Paid holidays
- Employee discounts
- Employee retirement plan (401k) with generous match and immediate vesting
- Company-paid tax-free Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Free on-site parking
- On-site cafeteria
- Free 24-hour gym on premises
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid disability insurance
- Extensive training opportunity
- Predictable work hours
- And more
The Staff Accountant ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts, maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. The Accountant's responsibilities include ensuring timely and accurate employee timekeeping, processing payroll, customer billing, and accounts receivable.
The position requires coordinating with the company's outside accountants, vendors, subcontractors, customers and financial institutions to ensure accurate and timely completion of the company's accounting functions. Required tasks to be performed by the Accountant include but are not limited to the following.
- Perform the payroll process to ensure accurate and timely completion of payroll, maintenance of payroll and benefits enrollment records.
- Perform the Accounts Payable function to ensure timely and accurate payment of vendors, subcontractors and consultants.
- Perform the billing process to ensure accurate and timely billing of customers and ensure timely payment by customers.
- Perform Accounts Receivables to ensure accurate and timely payments by customers and make collection calls and communications when needed to collect on past due invoices.
- Provide weekly cash forecast to ensure there are enough funds available to cover company obligations.
- Train and provide support to employees on the company's timekeeping and expense reporting systems.
- Maintain the company's system of accounts and keep books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Participate in the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and maintain other planning and control procedures.
- Under the direction of the company's outside accounting firm, ensure procedures are followed for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Maintain effective internal controls to ensure safeguarding of assets and reliability of financial statements.
- Ensure complete and up-to-date operating procedures for all accounting and financial controls.
- Prepare documentation necessary to successfully complete the outside reporting requirements of the company (e.g., financial statement audits).
- Complete month, quarter, and year end close of the company's financial statements and coordinate the annual audit performed by outside CPAs or government agencies.
- Report financial information to senior management.
- Maintain and reconcile company bank accounts monthly.
- Maintain and reconcile company credit card accounts monthly.
- Maintain the company's accounting records and files in an organized manner.
- Perform other related administrative and accounting tasks as required.
- Minimum BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or Finance is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Accountant and a thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Desktop is required.
- Experience with ADP Payroll is desirable.
- Experience with Concur Invoice and Expense is desirable.
- Proficient in MS Office with strong Excel skills.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated a history of independent decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and interface with various levels of staff and work both independently and within a team.