General Purpose: The cashier is essential for the customer's experience in helping finalize purchases for customers and making sure they leave the store happy.
Work Schedule: 40+ hours per week, weekend work required
Why Work for Us: Langenstein's has recently celebrated its 100th anniversary. We know that to achieve this, we have had an amazing team of people working for us. We offer competitive wages, 401(k), and medical insurance. We are closed for 5 major holidays and our stores are not open late because we understand the importance of family time.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Customer Service
- Accounting for cash drawer
- Maintaining cleanliness of workstation and surrounding department areas
- Fill and stock all front aisles and coke machines
- Maintain orderly placement of grocery carts
- Be observant of security problems and develop methods of prevention
- Understand and practice store safety rules
- Communicate with the Front-End Manager on problems and recommendations
- Perform any other miscellaneous tasks assigned by the Front-End Manager
Required Education / Experience:
- Customer service
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
- Basic reading and writing ability
- Must be a self-starter
- Work on tile or concrete standing for extended periods of time
- Lift a maximum of 50 lbs. from 6 inches to 84 inches, overhead
- Move a maximum of 50 lbs. up to 15 yards
- Use maintenance and product transportation equipment
- Reach forward and/or down with both hands up to 36 inches
- Handle labels, signs or tags, case cutter or utility knife, grasp and handle wet, iced, cold, metal, paper, plastic products, cardboard, packaging, and debris.
- Bend and Twist at the waist while reaching and holding items
- Climb on ladders, racks, cases, shelving, and stairs up to three feet in height.
- Balance on wet, slick, dirty and debris strewn floors.