To ensure compliance and to promote a safe conduct of work and prevent any injuries and accidents by implementing safety related procedure. Uphold the regulatory responsibilities as prescribed in the Occupational safety & health (Safety & Health Officer) Regulations.
To act as secretary for the safety & health committee and responsible to organize safety & health committee meeting at least once in 3 months, unless if priority/high risk incident is reported, meeting will be schedule once a month.
Prepare reports /compliance report as & when required by the authority either for audit or certification purpose.
As liaison officer with DOSH, police, and other relevant government agencies about health, safety and security matters affecting workers.
1) To be the advisor to management to achieve the objective of protecting fellow workers/outsiders (visitors/contractors).
2) Plan, establish and implement OHS policies and programs according to legislation.
3) Advise and lead employees on various safety-related topics (noise level, use of machinery/tools, fire regulations etc) and promote safety awareness among employees.
4) Train security guard on safety related program at workplace on monthly basis.
5) Initiate and organize OHS related training of employees and executives, conduct safety orientation for new employee on-boarding process, perform educational talks & seminars on regular basis.
6) Perform regular inspection and risk assessment on premises and work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g., not using proper protective equipment to perform hazardous work)
7) Oversee workplace repairs, installations, renovations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc. for safety compliance and ensure subcontractors comply to the requirements of company’s safety policy.
8) Take pro-active measures to identify hazards, assess the risk, then implement suitable control/preventive measures to eliminate all dangers.
9) Record and investigate incidents to determine violations, causes and corrective action (to present findings, near missed, accidents/incidents report during OSH meetings).
10) Maintain pertinent information on Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and to ensure the relevant communication information is distributed to the responsible party.
11) Ensure first aid facility for workers are in good condition.
12) Submit monthly safety report and statistic for DOSH and the management; maintain proper filing for all safety related documents.
13) Prepare/oversee the placement and setup of safety signage to warn of potential hazard.
14) Establish a cordial and professional relationship with employees/visitor/subcontractors/the public.
15) Review company operational processes to ensure they are in line with external safety legislation.
16) Perform any other relevant tasks as assigned by superior.
Possess at least Diploma.
Valid Green Book holder registered with DOSH
Minimum 3 years’ progressive working experience as safety & health office in a manufacturing industry.
Good writing and verbal communication skills both in Bahasa and English.
Detail oriented and ability to effectively manage time.
Skills to operate common office/site equipment.
In-depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/Factories & Machinery Act) and procedures.
Experience in writing reports and policies for health & safety.
Good in conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
Proficient in Ms office.
Excellent interpersonal & presentation skills with the ability to present and explain health & safety topics.
Outstanding organizational skills.
Proactive, diligent with great attention to detail.
Able to work independently and responsible.
Competent first aider and fire warden will be an added advantage.
Must be well-versed on:
-Occupational risk assessment.
-Preparation of safe operating procedure.
-Monitoring the effectiveness of control measures.
-Encouraging worker’s participations; and
-Continuously improving to ensure sustained compliance to OSH law.
WHAT WE OFFER:
5 days’ work (Mon - Fri) 8AM-5PM/9AM-6PM
16 days public holiday per year
Attractive remuneration packages commensurate to experience.
13 days Annual Leave, 98 days maternity leave, 5 days childcare leave, 14 days paternity leave.
Out-patient medical claim up to RM1000.00 per year.
Group PA & Hospitalization benefits
HQ Pack is one of the world's leading companies in the field of high-tech packaging. We clean, develop, produce, manage and distribute packaging for high-quality and fragile industrial products. Our customers are leading, renowned companies active in the following market segments:
Medical and optical technology industry
Machine construction and mechanical components
HQ Pack is a full service distribution partner. We develop optimal packaging solutions and distribution processes for high-tech industrial products in close cooperation with the customer. The results are various handling tools and types of packaging which allow products to be transported over long or short distances without any problems. The solutions vary from simple cleanroom packaging to high-end, customized packaging composed of different parts and materials.
HQ Pack's strength is the total solution that it provides. HQ Pack does not only develop customer-specific packaging solutions, but takes care of the entire process, from the packaging materials and cleanroom activities to the logistical processes. Via the return packaging service, HQ Pack ensures that reusable packaging is collected from anywhere in the world and that it is cleaned and repaired so that it is returned to its original condition.
HQ Pack's activities can be divided into the following:
HQ Pack is one of the world's leaders in the field of high-tech packaging and tooling. We develop, clean, produce and manage the logistics flow of packaging for high-quality industrial products. Highly fragile, expensive parts get the protection they need during transport around the world.
Our strength lies in the total solution. We not only develop customer-specific packaging materials, but also take care of the entire process. From the service center, HQ Pack ensures that reusable packaging is collected, cleaned and repaired to new condition anywhere in the world. We do this for global players from, among others, the semiconductor, electronics, aerospace, medical industry, mechanical engineering and mechanical components.
The activities of HQ Pack are divided as follows:
Our group of companies employs more than 500 employees spread over 7 locations. HQ Pack's head office is located in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. In addition, we have a branch in Malaysia, Singapore and two branches in America. Within HQ Pack Group we also have a specialized company in the field of plastic processing (HQ Plastics), Cleaning (HQ Precision Cleaning) and in the field of woodworking (Seerden).
Additional Company Information
51 - 200 Employees
Manufacturing / Production
Benefits & Others
Dental, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Smart Casual