We’re looking for a Technical Engineer to join our Research, R&D, Engineering & Design Squad in Bangalore.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we’re transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
As a Technical Engineer you’ll be responsible for maintaining several applications in our Software Development domain in close cooperation with R&D projects and users.
We’re on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
What you’ll do
• Tools cover requirements management, dynamic/static code analysis, Issue trackers, Continuous Integration and deployment along the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Act as a technical liaison with software development tooling providers
• Support development teams worldwide in line with the Signify software process and tooling policy, charter and scope
• Planning and provision of infrastructure in-line with the tooling needs for the programs/projects
• Around 3-5 years of hands-on experience in an Individual Contributors’ role, with good understanding of fundamentals
• Configuration, Build and Release Management with understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
• Support on Static Analysis Tools like Coverity, Binary Repository managers like Artifactory, Nexus, etc., Continuous Integration with Jenkins/Bamboo cluster administration and management
• Automation through scripting using Python/Shell/PERL/Powershell
• Good understanding of programming languages like C, C++, Java, Python & .Net builds using GRADLE/MAVEN/ANT and Visual Studio
• Knowledge in deploying and managing Docker containers and Dashboards (like Grafana)
• Be a Consultant to R&D teams with effective usage of assigned tools and improvise on the processes
• Network basics with installation of software and configuration of server infrastructure will be an added advantage
• Successful candidate should have strong organizational, presentation, communication and collaboration skills – along with an attitude to play the role of a strong mentor
• A (relevant) Bachelor degree
• Candidate should possess independent and pro-active nature or capabilities to drive the solutions on processes, tools and infrastructure – the attitude of a go-getter
What you’ll get in return…
• Competitive salary depending on experience
• Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
• Opportunity to buy Signify products with discount
We’re offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!