Are you passionate about health and safety and want to be part of developing a positive and proactive safety culture?
Would you enjoy working in an exciting, diverse, and fast paced work environment?
If so, then apply now to join our SHEQ team at the Port of Dover.
We are currently looking for a Safety Advisor to join our busy team at Dover!
Salary: up to £40k DOE +benefits
Safety Advisor Duties:
Due to an internal promotion, we have a vacancy for a Safety Advisor to join our SHEQ team.
You will assist in delivering beyond compliance health and safety performance and provide timely advice and solutions on health and safety issues associated with port operations and developments.
The main emphasis of this post is to provide a high standard of professional support in driving forward a positive safety culture and proactively collaborate and engage with staff across the business to ensure all staff are empowered and supported in taking personal responsibility for health and safety.
Safety Advisor Requirements:
- Minimum of 2+ years dedicated safety experience
- Minimum of NEBOSH general or construction certificate; NEBOSH diploma or equivalent desirable
- A working knowledge of ISO 45001 standard
- Detailed knowledge of health and safety legislation and application
- Be able to undertake comprehensive accident investigation including root cause analysis
- Monitor and audit health and safety performance
- Devising and delivering training programmes
- Comfortable working alone or as part of a team
- Be able to access heights and work on vessels within the harbour environment
- Ability to take part in an on-call rota
- Effective communicator across all levels of our organisation
- Be able to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders
- Full UK driving licence and use of own vehicle
Safety Advisor Benefits:
- Work within a very diverse multi-disciplined environment
- Exciting place to work
- Be part of a fantastic team
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance program
- 3rd party discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
The Port of Dover is Europe's busiest ferry port, handling 33% of UK-EU trade, worth £144bn per annum. Each year more than 2 million freight vehicles, 2 million tourist vehicles and 10 million passengers pass through the Port. We also welcome more than 120 cruise ships, 150 cargo vessels and 4,000 leisure craft in our marina each year. But were not just about trade and transport. We have a vibrant and growing property portfolio and are transforming the waterfront with new amenities and activities that are making Dover a great place to live, work and enjoy under the famous White Cliffs.
Providing the infrastructure to support this diverse and busy 24/7 operation requires a dedicated team of people working in a diverse range of roles. We are committed to developing the skills and industry knowledge of our employees to enhance performance and support the achievement of our business objectives.
If you feel suitable for this Safety Advisor role, then please apply now!