About Kaplan Inc.
Kaplan Inc serves over one million students globally each year through its array of higher education, test preparation, professional education, English-language training, and university preparation programs, and offerings to individuals, institutions, and businesses.
The largest subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company, Kaplan has operations in over 30 countries, employs more than 13,000 full- and part-time professionals, and maintains relationships and partnerships with more than 1,000 educational partners and over 10,000 corporations and businesses. Across its 80-year history, first as a pioneer of the test prep industry, then as an early online education leader and now as a global education provider, Kaplan has been recognized for expanding educational access and improving student outcomes through innovative uses of technology, instructional design, and learning science.
As Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will combine your passion for automation and expertise in AWS to deliver continuous value to customers. In this role, you will help define, create, and automate software delivery pipelines. You will work collaboratively with engineering teams to deploy and operate our platform. You will manage and lead the delivery of software, and engineer environments that predominantly use Linux operating systems.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering operational excellence and "always-on" customer experiences with apps/services in AWS Cloud.
- Work in an Agile SDLC and collaborate with development teams to implement Continuous Software Delivery.
- Automate and implement Infrastructure as Code using configuration management tools
- Implement CI/CD pipelines, and monitoring infrastructure.
- Develop and drive incident management processes, playbooks and stakeholder communication mechanisms.
- Drive root cause analysis (RCA) and risk management processes.
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
- Solve high level and complex infrastructure problems.
- Design and orchestrate infrastructure projects such as installations, upgrades, patches, migrations, and implementations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 5+ years of technical experience as a developer, systems engineering, or DevOps responsibilities.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services, such as CloudFormation, EC2, EKS, S3, CloudWatch, IAM, Lambda, RDS, Route53, CloudFront, CloudTrail, etc.
- Strong understanding of container virtualization technologies, such as Docker.
- Must be able to code in Ruby, Python, or Bash.
- Prior continuous delivery experience using tools like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience with log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of monitoring implementations and administration.
- Must be able to administer JVM-based applications servers like JBoss or Tomcat in Linux/Unix environments.
- Past experience in Incident Management and a good understanding of SOX and PCI compliance.
- Self-motivated and self-accountable for delivery and adherence to standards and delivery timelines.
- Strong communication skills (Written and Oral).
- Experience with Cluster scheduling, orchestration, and management frameworks such as Docker Swarm, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with AWS Elastic Container Service.
- Experience with ElasticSearch / Logstash / Kibana.
- Experience with Github, or GitLab.
- Experience with network, infrastructure, and server security.
- AWS Solution Architect Associate level.
Interested professionals can reach out to me directly with resume, CTC and notice period details at Anandan Selvam Emailemail@example.com