Department Name : Deal Management
Department Description : Oracle's Deal Management Organization creates and reviews contract documents for sales organizations, partners, and end customers. We support the Oracle sales organization to win compliant business while mitigating commercial risk for Oracle, by enforcing internal controls and adhering to corporate business practice and policies. We are part of the Global Finance Operations Team, which is responsible for the revenue quote-to-commission process flow across all lines of business (License, Systems, Cloud, Support, Professional Services) within Oracle.
Brief Posting Description: Draft and Review Contracts & Agreements in accordance with Oracle Policies, Procedures & Business Practices . Monitors contract and business terms to mitigate Oracle*s risk.
Detailed Description: As a member of Deal Management, you will assist customers, both internal and external, with Line Of Business contract interpretation and administration of line of Business documents. Draft standard and non-standard contracts. Act as a liaison between various internal teams like consultants, Credit, License, Tax, Business Practices, Revenue accounting, and customers to resolve contractual and consulting business issues. Validate all aspects of contract packages for accuracy and compliance with Oracles Business Practices and Consulting Business Approvals/Process while maintaining customer satisfaction and responsiveness. Submit contract order packages to Revenue accounting for order processing and project funding. Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure customer orders are processed efficiently. Prepare contract status reports.
Job Requirements: Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, coordination, analytical & communication skills. Organized and detail oriented. Experience indrafting standard contractual documents will be an advantage. Ability to work effectively under time critical deadlines & high pressure environment. Proficient in Email, MS Word and Excel. 2 year experience in contracts, purchasing, or equivalent. Graduation is a must, Post Graduation / Degree in Law would be preferred.
Additional Details: The Deal Specialist uses Oracle's standard document templates and a playbook of contract options to draft a contract in accordance with the sales/customer request. S/he also validates that all appropriate Oracle business approvals are secured, and may advise sales on what approvals are necessary for a given non-standard transaction. The Deal Specialist also liaises with Finance, Legal, and other groups across Oracle, per defined engagement guidelines, to ensure policy compliance and mitigate corporate risk. Individuals may cover multiple geographies or lines of business, but are generally focused in a particular product or service area, or set of countries. The work is fast-paced and seasonal in nature, corresponding with Oracle's quarterly and annual fiscal cycles. IC2/IC3 - Senior Deal Specialist/Deal Manager Responsibilities:
- 1. Draft Complex Oracle Contract & agreements based on Oracle Templates / Customer Templates specific to Oracle line of business. Assist Sales with commercial contract interpretation and administration of agreements.
- Review transactional approvals to ensure appropriate business approvals are secured for any non-standard requirements per the relevant Oracle Global Approval Matrix
- Review Partner or Customer Master Agreement to ensure validity for the current transaction and meets define Oracle standards
- In accordance with pre-defined guidelines, engages with internal business partners to provide clarification on non-standard contract terms. This includes providing interpretation of terms already included in drafted documents as well as providing advice on non-standard terms prior to the finalization of a document. Internal business partners may include (but are not restricted to) Sales, Legal, Revenue Recognition, Business Practices, Tax and Credit
- Receive and Review customer-executed documents, route for appropriate internal signature and submit for Order Processing or Project Funding
- Manage Sales and Customer expectation on time-to-completion for a given transaction request
- Conduct Quality Reviews on the Contract Documents as perdefined quality management process.
- To frontend sales queries and act as the first point of contact for deal level Escalation.
- To conduct Trainings for new hires and refresher trainings to the team.
- Review existing process and recommend improvements as required.
- Should possess strong understanding on Process and systems flow from Opportunity to invoice process.
- Should take complete ownership on complex deals and acts as a liaison for all back office teams involved in contract drafting. Should work towards group success
- Takes complete ownership of tasks/deals assigned. Is able to exhibit clear understanding of structure of deal & ensures closure
- Quality Focused: Ability to independently produce high quality results. While working big deals/complex contracts under ambiguous situations, is able to break a complex problem into simple workable items, establish relationships between them and logically communicate solutions.
- Excellent Communicator: Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English, or other local language if applicable; ability to synthesize complex subject matter and convey to internal customers in a simple, clear manner
- While working on big deals/complex contracts, is able to gather required information, ask or probe with relevant questions, logically evaluate risks and asses potential impact to business., Should demonstrate ability to make logical connections by identifying relationships between various data sets and suggest alternative proposals or actions. Make Timely and effective decision by assessing risk
- While working with stake holders, is able to clearly explain why a decision has been made, explain proposed solutions and takes account of the potential implications and risks on different options.
- Understands the importance of being flexible
- Professional: Must thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, while maintaining professional demeanor and customer focus at all times
- Customer Centric
- Accountability: Perseveres to deliver against objectives and take personal accountability for own performance , demonstrates attention to details in all aspects of work
- Innovation: Implements improvements in efficiencies, effectiveness and productivity
- Very good Portuguese & English communication skills
- Must be a graduate
- Minimum of 1-3 years work experience
- Very good computer skills (e.g. MS Office package - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Flexibility in work schedules