The E-Banking Administrator serves as an operational support professional, responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Alternative Delivery Systems relating to commercial, retail online and mobile banking, ATM/Debit cards, Agency Banking, Utility Payments, Clearing/SWIFT and related systems of Finance Trust Bank.They are accountable for planning, maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting of the Bank’s Electronic Banking Channels i.e. Applications, Systems and Middleware platforms. This includes liaison with users and related service support partners to ensure the optimal performance, uptime, integrity, security, capacity management and continuity availability of these systems and platforms. The role also involves ensuring specification and documentation of operational requirements and all related operating instructions of the systems, training of users in the use of the systems, coordination of full acceptance testing of proposed changes and implementation of accepted changes following the Bank’s policiesThe ideal candidate is experienced with supporting electronic banking systems.
• Assists the Financial Inclusion and Clearing teams in support of the E-Banking Channel systems to include installation, ongoing technical support and training;
Ensures accurate and uninterrupted customer service to all customers of the Bank who utilize functions E-Banking channel systems
• Ensures Bank compliance with regulatory laws, rules and regulations related to electronic banking product
• Administer and manage all aspects of the Bank’s Electronic business channel systems. Responsible for testing, implementing, and maintaining these systems as well as installation & training of new & existing internal users. Provide support to all Bank staff on the e-Banking systems, including but not limited to, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Agency Banking, ATMs, Utility Payments, etc., and the installation of any new products and is the primary customer service contact for Staffs using these products. Also, serve as the bank’s primary contact to work with the respective System vendors / consultants.
Administer and support the Bank’s E-Banking channel systems. Activities include handling all upgrades or updates to the systems. Also responsible for reconciling, reporting, researching requests and training of bank staff on these systems.
• Review and prepare dashboard reports related to areas of responsibility, included scheduled and ad-hoc reports. Provide written summaries of reports and identify trends related to activity, highlighting areas requiring attention
• Maintain E-Banking Channel systems performance and availability at all times by performing proactive system capacity, performance tuning and putting in place adequate monitoring and analysis processes, tools, and feedback mechanisms, including development and presentation of reports on the performance of the systems.
Co-ordinate installations, testing and deployment of new E-Banking systems, platforms, configurations and setups e.g. new transactional sets, processes, upgrades, patches, etc. Supporting the project execution and governance by tracking deadlines, deliverables, resources, and timelines throughout the project process
• Investigate user problems, identify root causes, determine possible solutions, test and implement those solutions within the department’s service level agreements with the business, and maintain proper documentation / logs for resolutions provided.
• Co-ordinate with the Section manager and system vendors in case of system bugs and/or enhancement requirements ensuring provision of detailed information (error screenshots, table rows, logs from required sources) about an issue and follow up on early resolution and solution, while providing workarounds and documenting them where possible to minimize business interruptions.
• Maintain technology vendor relationships and compliance with service level agreements/ contractual commitments and ensuring that management processes of the E-Banking systems comply with established ICT Policies, procedures and standards.
Develop, document and maintain all E-Banking Channel Systems’ procedures i.e. functional and technical User Guides, test scripts, training materials, How To’s, BCP guidelines, up-to-date architectural maps and inventory, etc.
• Ensure knowledge transfer in the use and support of the E-Banking channel systems to both end-users and the ICT service desk team, while providing advisory services to them on the optimum use of the systems.
• Gather and document system enhancements, data extract requests and reporting requirements from system users, and Bank’s partners and work closely with the Manager IT Service Management to develop detailed technical requirements and resulting specifications.
• Ensure availability of up-to-date production, tested disaster recovery and testing environment(s) for all Channel Systems and their infrastructure at all times, advising on controls and adherence to set controls for secured access to these environments.
Assist the Manager IT Services Management in the planning of the section’s annual Budget and validating related costs in the environment.
Minimum qualification requirements and Personal attributes for this position:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant degree from a recognized University and any certification in Systems, Database or Networks
• Minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in banking or consulting, preferably with a background in operational support of alternative delivery channels
• Proven ability to gather, analyze and understand data to prepare reports which drive business decisions
• Significant experience in installation, configuration and supporting of database management systems e.g. MSSQLServer, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL etc.
• Knowledge of SQL is necessary.
• Knowledge and experience with System Integrations and API management is a must
• Good working knowledge of banking systems, operations, and processes and willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology
• Basic Accounting knowledge is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of industry best practices regarding digitalization and automation of banking services
Excellent written/verbal communication skills with an emphasis on client service and presentation
• Technical Implementation and operational support experience of E-Banking Channel systems like; ATMs, POS, Mobile Phone Banking, Internet Banking, Agency Banking, Utility payments integrations, etc., is a must
• Highly attentive to details, able to work well independently and in a team environment, possess excellent time management skills, be a critical thinker, and put people first
• Keen understanding of the importance of confidentiality, and a commitment to embracing and applying a high standard of service to our clients, communities and fellow associates
• Must be able to have flexibility in work schedule to include evenings and weekends as needed to troubleshoot issues, perform upgrades and to be part of an on-call support team
• Demonstrates initiative and drive to perform tasks in an accurate and timely fashion
The position carries an attractive salary and benefits package.