The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community-based organizations, the civil society, and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, Women Protection and Empowerment, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. https://www.rescue.org/country/uganda IRC has a country office in Kampala, a regional office in Lamwo, Kyaka II, Kiryandongo, Imvepi and Moroto.
The Supply Chain Manager is an integral member of the management team and reports directly to the Field Coordinator and Management In Partnership (MIP) with the Supply Chain Coordinator. This position is responsible for the management and delivery of effective Supply Chain support in Lamwo program in compliance with IRC and donor regulations. Key responsibilities include procurement, transport, warehouse inventory, and asset management.
The Supply Chain Manager will:
• Collaborate and coordinate with Programs and Finance to ensure integrated and harmonized operational systems in the Lamwo Program.
• Collaborate with Finance Manager to ensure that internal controls are met with minimum of bureaucracy.
• Work with Lamwo Field Office Supply Chain Staff and Field Coordinator to ensure effectiveness and implementation of the IRC’s standard operating policies and procedures.
Implement job specific trainings to ensure that Supply Chain staff’ possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that Supply Chain policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable IRC and funding source policies, procedures and requirements. All staff act in accordance with the policies.
• Maintain and update donor guidelines related to Supply Chain field (procurement, asset, warehouse, and transport).
Monitor Lamwo Supply Chain sections of budgets and track expenditure. Follow up as necessary including timely information and budgetary comments regarding any realignment.
• Finalize item forecast/Procurement Plans for all grants in Lamwo and monitor the deadline for receipt of the items to ensure that item forecast is submitted on time for procurement to also be completed on time.
• Ensure all donor reports for assets are completed and submitted to the Supply Chain Coordinator and the Field Coordinator a.
• Disposal of assets is reviewed annually, and donor requirements followed as necessary.
• Familiarize with various donor regulations.
• Ensure that compliance with policies is documented through systematic and random verifications of policy implementation and Procurement records, based on a schedule agreed with the Supply Chain Coordinator.
• Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
Promptly inform the Field Coordinator and the Supply Chain Coordinator of any areas of concern of potential or suspected violations of policies and procedures.
• Ensure there is no negative audit observations/findings related to Procurement. If required corrective actions plans are developed & implemented to address audit findings.
• Responsible for creation and management of list of Contracted Suppliers, using IRC’s selection and pre-qualification processes. Update list on a regular basis and circulate to relevant staff.
• Responsible for Due Diligence checks (supplier references, site visits, historical data, anti-terrorism compliance) for Authorized Suppliers and Contracted Suppliers.
• Manage Contracted and prequalified Suppliers in terms of quality, delivery time, value for money, etc.
Conduct regular market surveys in key procurement categories to ensure that IRC is receiving best value for money.
• Prepare Requests for Proposal and manage contract/tender processes.
• Ensure that most of the suppliers used are contracted suppliers
Warehousing and Inventory:
• Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
• Ensure goods, equipment is signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
• Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
• On a monthly basis, work with the Field Coordinator to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.Ensure that the stock record cards are updated regularly.
• Conduct routine inventory 20% cycle count, end-of-grant count, full inventory count and submit report to the Supply Chain Coordinator in a timely manner.
• Advise the Field Coordinator/Supply Chain Coordinator of asset-specific issues or improvements.
• Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset register, Integra Fixed Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce monthly reports.
• Monitor security of IRC’s assets and supplies.
• Ensure assets are signed for received on the Equipment issue and receipt form.
• On a monthly basis, work with the Field Coordinator/Supply Chain Coordinator to reconcile the asset register and Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
• Update the Integra Fixed asset list regularly.
• Conduct routine asset inspection and submit report to the Field Coordinator and Supply Chain Coordinator in a timely manner.
• Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of asset inward and outward movement in the Asset register and in Integra.
Documentation and Reporting:
• Follow up with relevant units, internal or external on documents and ensuring all procurement records are complete and accessible.
• Monitor procurement records to ensure that each procurement request is fully and clearly documented according to IRC policy.
Monitor procurement status in Integra and take the appropriate action to finalize the procurement.
• Analyse Purchase Request, Purchase Order, Item forecast, item requirement and any other reports in the Integra in order to ensure that all procurement is carried out efficiently and in a timely manner.
• Prepare Finance-related reports such as Cash Projections and Financial cost amount.
Training & Outreach:
• Proactively develop the skills of IRC staff to understand and utilize Supply Chain tools especially the Integra and services to design and implement quality programming.
• Identify Supply Chain needs and ensure the issues are raised in new budget development.
• Ensure all Supply Chain staff are aware of and in compliance with IRC procurement, asset and stock management, transport, communications, etc, in order for them to clearly share this information.
• Work with program staff towards establishing item forecast/procurement plans before the start of each grant ensuring they fit the activities in the budget, are donor compliant and realistic in terms of timing.
Ensure monthly Supply Chain reports from Lamwo field office are submitted on time. Review and follow up with the specific Supply Chain function as necessary.
• Ensure procurement is done according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
• Ensure that staff participating in tender committees are trained and understand their roles.
• Ensure clear delineation of roles for procurement.
• Establish Master Purchase Agreement/Master Service Agreements for frequently procured items/service.
• Ensure the update of the pre-selected suppliers list and create files for each vendor.
• Ensure transport services are cost efficient and reliable.
• Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
• Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly, and assets are disposed according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
• Supply Chain works consistently with Security to maintain required security levels, awareness, and responsiveness.
• Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion, and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff.
• Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled and support the recruitment of all Supply Chain staff and provide day to day supervision of department.
• Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations.
• Ensure that any staff discipline follows a progressive methodology which provides for clear and structured improvement.
• Develop long term plan for continued quality leadership by providing staff development and succession plans.
• Set clear performance objectives for staff you supervise and ensure that they are understood.
• Conduct interim performance reviews every six months and hold one to one feedback discussions with staff that you supervise on a regular basis to ensure that performance objectives are being met.
• Conduct annual performance evaluations for staff that you directly supervise and manage poor performance and disciplinary issues in accordance with IRC HR policies and procedures.
• Ensure that staff annual leave is tracked and planned in advance and that there is