We are now recruiting for an experienced, hands-on, highly knowledgeable Health & Safety Manager to help us maintain and develop our H&S and Fire functions. The Health & Safety Manager will report directly to the Senior Manager HSE and will be responsible to shape, develop and deliver the Health, Safety, and Fire strategies for the Company.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Act as the competent health, safety and fire person for the business and advise in the development and maintenance of the Occupational Health and Safety and fire management systems in line with companys Health and Safety Strategy and Groups requirements.
- Manager the development and maintenance of the companys Occupational Health and Safety and Fire Management Systems in line with the BS ISO 45001:2018 standard.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety legislation, the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, Part B of the Building Regulations, and any developments.
- Implementing and instilling a companywide vision of best practice in relation to all aspects of Health, Safety, and Fire.
- Work in conjunction with all levels of management to drive the Health, Safety, and Fire agendas incorporating training, accident investigation, culture, and staff involvement, administration, insurance compliance, and setting and improving standards.
- Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and incident management systems are in place and followed across the organization.
- Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a program of continuous improvement in the management of health, safety, fire, and wellbeing within their areas of responsibility.
- Co-ordinating, chairing, and participating in, various internal and external H&S Committees/Working Groups.
- Drive culture change and reinforcement of good safety culture.
Skills Essential for the Role:
- (Essential) Graduate in relevant discipline e.g. Engineering, Health and Safety (or equivalent).
- (Essential) Working experience in a Manufacturing or Engineering environment.
- (Essential) Minimum of 3 years experience of working in health, safety and fire senior role.
- (Essential) Recognised NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- (Essential) Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH).
- (Desired) NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management.
- (Desired) Member of IFSM and/or IFE.
- (Desired) Experience in training, coaching and mentoring to develop health, safety and knowledge and expertise.
- People Management skills, able to motivate and coach others.
- Professional, proactive, organised and highly motivated.
Working Hours:Monday to Friday 36.25 hours Flexi time
Salary Range: up to £70,000
Reporting to:Senior Manager HSE, Operations & Project Support
Direct Reports: 3 Health & Safety/Fire Specialist, Health & Safety Specialist, Fire Safety Specialist
- Annual Management Bonus
- Monthly and Annual Company Performance Bonus.
- Pension matched up to 7%.
- 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance.
- Health Cash Plan.
- Attendance Bonus.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Wellbeing Support.
Safety is vital for all jobs in BAL; therefore, all candidates must be able to have the ability to follow and initiate safety practices, policies and procedures at all times.